NCM Owners Thread

FullyCharged

I’m curious to what you all are riding and what you found works (accessories) with your bike.

Do any of you have any helpful tips that you found out while working on your bike?

Here’s a pic of my vinyl stickerbombed/vinyl wrapped 29er NCM Moscow Plus 48v/500w.

CCCD4953-6C33-448D-9242-A78AF2705C66.jpeg

B72A7A34-A4EB-4508-BFDC-3ADBB122C98A.jpeg

Next thing on the list is a new front suspension and installing lighting. More pics to come.

Last edited:
C74617AB-34D0-4E6E-B69E-3EA937C70AA1.jpeg

I noticed my PAS wire is a bit exposed under the bike. I’m thinking I might add some silicone where the wire meets the magnet disk part. Then possibly black gorilla tape on top of it. Not sure on my approach yet. While I’m out getting supplies I’m picking up some dielectric grease for the electrical connections on the bike.

Last edited:
E9293F61-6090-4A97-90AB-81B304CAA09C.jpeg

Got the lighting installed. Not much real estate to put them on. This is working for me so far. Going to test it more tonight when it gets dark. Just need to get that front suspension swapped and I’ll have my bike where I want it to be.

I’m curious to what you all are riding and what you found works (accessories) with your bike.

Do any of you have any helpful tips that you found out while working on your bike?

Here’s a pic of my vinyl stickerbombed/vinyl wrapped 29er NCM Moscow Plus 48v/500w.

Next thing on the list is a new front suspension and installing lighting. More pics to come.
Are you the guy who sold be a Haibike in Toronto?

Been cruising with the dog in this. She loves it! I am adding a universal rear rack today with waterproof bag to carry clothes and extras. I initially bought this to ride with my mountain bike friends but can't use it on trails around here and I don't want to kill my bike. I am loving it as a commuter! Rode it to lake Michigan yesterday (about 40 miles) and still had 2/6 bars of battery. Thinking about getting another battery though.

Attachments

• 1593435264142.jpg
    1593435264142.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 505

I noticed my PAS wire is a bit exposed under the bike. I’m thinking I might add some silicone where the wire meets the magnet disk part. Then possibly black gorilla tape on top of it. Not sure on my approach yet. While I’m out getting supplies I’m picking up some dielectric grease for the electrical connections on the bike.

I just got a NCM bike and have been protecting these connections with silicone tubing with heat shrink tube on top. 3:1 shrink ratio or higher, this covers both plugs and 5mm cables

Had read some enquiries previously regarding bar end mirrors. Hope this might help someone looking for a similar answer. For my Moscow plus - I purchased a Hafney bar end mirror and cut the expander off flush. Had to get a 5mm screw that was about 10mm longer and was able to use the existing handle grip wedge. 10 minute job. Works great!

Attachments

• 144ED8A5-05EA-4CC5-A93B-44B1F3A243BB.jpeg
    144ED8A5-05EA-4CC5-A93B-44B1F3A243BB.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 4EE4D8B9-CE1A-4E72-97E8-7BC171ABD044.jpeg
    4EE4D8B9-CE1A-4E72-97E8-7BC171ABD044.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 291
Had read some enquiries previously regarding bar end mirrors. Hope this might help someone looking for a similar answer. For my Moscow plus - I purchased a Hafney bar end mirror and cut the expander off flush. Had to get a 5mm screw that was about 10mm longer and was able to use the existing handle grip wedge. 10 minute job. Works great!
I see the throttle is on the right hand side. So it doesn't flip to the other side like the brakes for left hand drive countries?

Yes as it is, out of the box. Seems like a good comfortable location considering I try not to use it too often.

I wondered if anyone could help me .
I was going to build my own bike but due to work and my kids I didn't have time .

I bought a pstandard electric bike from a UK store .it was a ncm moscow plus . I was offered it cheaper than what it was worth as it had been a display and used.

I believe as uk limits to 15mph and 250 watt motor .

The bike is 48v with a 15 or 16 amp controller .
So I figured the peak performance of the motor is actually higher than 250 watt.

I have seen people , Buy a different display and have it derestricted up to 28 mph . A lot of these people aren't from eu so they have the 500 watt rated motor . But someone from the UK has it derestricted and his bike was from the UK and he's pretty sure he has the 250watt branded motor

I have tried this display and when I hit 20 mph the das kit rear hub motor Makes a terrible grinding noise and all motor assistance stops at 20. .

I was wondering . Is the the motor reaching its capabilities and cutting out ?

Or have I bought a bike with something wrong with the motor ?

I figured the peak performance of motor would actually be higher than 250 Watts considereting the voltage and ampage of controller . So I'm worrying it is a fault with the notor it's self?

Thanks in advance

Back