HPC Scout or Titan Experience

Patrick Hanlon

Geetings. I am a retiree wanting to transition from a DIY electrified recumbent trike back to a two wheel ebike. I am looking for an ebike that will be a car replacement. I have defined my budget, use, desirable components. The Scout and Titan fall within my parameters. I am looking for current feedback from users of the Scout and Titan about the good, bad, and the ugly of their experience with these units and HPC especially if you have a Rohloff speed hub and the higher capacity batteries provided with the bikes. The previous forums are 3 to 6 years old and none mention these models.
Thanks for your time and effort

The marketing of these bikes seemed geared toward folks that want to be organ donors. Nothing wrong with that if that's your thing but doesn't sound like what you are looking for. If you want a 52V Ultra with Rohloff check out the FLX blade 2.0 or perhaps you're looking for something with FS and utility like the Frey CC.

True enough if one is looking at the Revolution series. But luckily I have survived the testosterone highs of my youth and believe in the law of averages "Do enough stupid sh%t long enough, you will find failure." The Scout and Titan have an attribute valuable to a man of gravity and girth like myself- a 400 lbs weight limit where many a popular ebike have a 275 lbs neighborhood limit. I have no intention of going beyond the 750 watt motor but I am giving serious consideration to 1680 Wh frame bag battery if I can find feedback on the track record of it, the bike, and the manufacturer. I have been using a 750 wt hub motor on my trike for 3 years and have found 20 mph good enough to satisfy my need for speed. Thanks for the suggestion of alternatives to look at.

You probably want to be looking at the Ultra motor. There are quite a few Ultra builds now (including the ones from HPC). Here is a thread you might find useful.

Take a look at bikes that offer a dual-battery solution like the Frey EX, granted that's more of an eMTB. Watt Wagons is more of a commuter but I don't like how high the spare battery is. I look forward more bikes like the EX with option to add a spare on top of integrated battery. Dost has something similar but with BBS02 motor and I think you would fry the nylon gear.

You probably want to be looking at the Ultra motor. There are quite a few Ultra builds now (including the ones from HPC). Here is a thread you might find useful.

Take a look at bikes that offer a dual-battery solution like the Frey EX, granted that's more of an eMTB. Watt Wagons is more of a commuter but I don't like how high the spare battery is. I look forward more bikes like the EX with option to add a spare on top of integrated battery. Dost has something similar but with BBS02 motor and I think you would fry the nylon gear.
@TomD: Thank you for your post on the Top 10 ebikes with the Bafang G510 Ultra. I went through the entire list and websites. Unfortunately, there aren't any full suspension ebikes for short people like my wife. [sigh] Someday...

@TomD: Thank you for your post on the Top 10 ebikes with the Bafang G510 Ultra. I went through the entire list and websites. Unfortunately, there aren't any full suspension ebikes for short people like my wife. [sigh] Someday...
Frey cc

Back