26x4" non-stubby fat tires, is there such a thing?

Altaman

Am just wondering if there is such a thing as 26x4" non-stubby fat tires? I thought they may be good for summer riding/commute as they should also be quieter and give a bit better mileage than the stubby. I have searched with google but so far have not found anything.

Alt

I just checked Biketiresdirect.com and while they don't have any slicks in a fat tire size, they do have some that have less pronounced knobs and appear suited to riding on the road. They look to be fast rolling tires but can handle some loose stuff as well. Not exactly what you want, but a bit closer.

I use these and like them.

These look pretty stylish. And they also come in red and blue tread with white side walls.

Hummm, wonder how they would fit on a rim meant for 4"?

My 26" rims are 80mm, which are fine for the Veeco's. My 20" rims are 60mm, and will take 4.0" tires. I personally prefer the smaller width rims. My 26" originally came with 100mmm wide rims which is gross. Extra metal making the wheel heavier.

Vee Tire Zigzag
Airisun Big Smoothy
Origin8 Supercell
Thank you for the information, once I get my bike delivered I will definitely take a closer look at these. In looking these up I came across Wanda 26x4, which look interesting as well.

Back