250-300Nm of torque?

roshan

Check out our insane creation. Thoughts? Step aside Ultra motor.

More info here: xd.biktrix.com

1645642674195.png

View attachment 115070

An obvious application would be as the tractor in a hunting bike tractor-trailer combo, especially if you could shroud both the left and right drive lines to mitigate brush/mud/ice-snow entanglement/interference. Your initial pricing also seems to undercut the Ultra motor offerings of Quiet Kat, Backou, etc. by a bit, but to be competitive you may have to offer a PAS-throttle model for this niche market. Apparently getting the PAS “right” is a hard nut to crack for rear fixed gear drive systems, but when you do as per Court’s/EBR’s review of a recent high end Stromer model, the resulting ride is a joy. What’s the timeline for the PAS option?

Completely awesome and if I had the cash I would plunk it down right now!

3 questions though...

1. What rear hub will survive that power?

2. Don't love the Dorado battery setup. Any chance of a hailong type battery like the secondary batteries on the Duo line?

3. Will there be a full suspension version in the future?

Completely awesome and if I had the cash I would plunk it down right now!

3 questions though...

1. What rear hub will survive that power?
Any rear hub because the motor doesn't put out power via the freehub body of the hub.
2. Don't love the Dorado battery setup. Any chance of a hailong type battery like the secondary batteries on the Duo line?
Yep, will likely have this later in the year.
3. Will there be a full suspension version in the future?
In the future, yes. No ETA yet

Any rear hub because the motor doesn't put out power via the freehub body of the hub.

Yep, will likely have this later in the year.

In the future, yes. No ETA yet
That's just flat out awesome. Do you take trade-ins? My juggernaut HD Duo has served me very well but I don't need 2 bikes. 👍

Payment plan maybe?

That's just flat out awesome. Do you take trade-ins? My juggernaut HD Duo has served me very well but I don't need 2 bikes. 👍
We just don't do trade-ins as few logistics area a huge pain and very expensive to ship bikes. That said, I'm sure come summer, you'll be able to sell your used bike no problem. Then you could get one?

We just don't do trade-ins as few logistics area a huge pain and very expensive to ship bikes. That said, I'm sure come summer, you'll be able to sell your used bike no problem. Then you could get one?
I guess I'll just start putting in some overtime at work 🤣. How limited is the reservation slots?

Fundamentally cool, and nice to see an added option in the motor space. Definite kudos on bringing another motor option!

Without torque-sensing PAS, that removes some people from interest until/if it comes, but lots of other uses from delivery, bike taxi, RV bike, camping, off-road motorcycle 'replacement' but not eMTB, etc.

Personally I'd be more interested in as a DIY motor/controller option, and could be interesting if you made kits available for replacement of Bafang and others.
As an overall offering - no thanks with the same issue as the Monte, at least if the price ever hits 'retail' price. This or or Monte Capro for $6K or Luna Z1 for ~$4K? No competition there, although I do really dig the Monte Capro frame looks (but not it's components or the XDs - needing to upgrade off the budget China components makes it a non-starter here for the 'retail' price (along with lack of PAS).

I guess I'm at - this is cool, and I can see numerous possible future options for the motor, but wondering who this specific solution (motor + overall bike at that price point) is for?

Without PAS/Torque sensing, where it would seemingly have the most interest - it's competing against same component minus the motor options like Eunorau, Bolton re-brands, and the like with non-Ultras, so unless speed or serious cargo hauling is a consideration, it's not cost-competitive for some of those, but can see appeal for 'I want a Sur-Ron but don't want a Sur-Ron,' throttle-only top speed/acceleration drivers, although at which point you're not really competing vs the Ultra but e.g. Cyc, Lightning Rod, etc. Why buy one of these vs using a Cyc Stealth or X1 pro 5kw, both of which also offer torque-sensing? The Sur-Ron is ~$4k, Eunorau Cadence sensing bikes are $2800 or up to $4k with the Ultra with comparable components outside of the battery, at probably a bit more weight, but would check the box for several of the assumed overlapping interest areas, e.g. not interested in a workout and prefer throttle, casual riding, etc.

Could be an interesting basis for a cargo bike or delivery and taxi services though, IMO - places where added drivetrain reliability vs load or extended use makes the price difference potentially worth it for them.
Wouldn't turn down a ride, but doesn't check boxes for my use. Maybe if/when torque sensing, DIY kits vs full bikes, with parts availability happens (if it does) though.

I applaud Biktrix for going through all the trials and tribulations needed to produce this motor.
I suspect this bike will sell well, and once it's offered with PAS it will be very popular.
Power is addictive. I know, I ride an Ultra powered Watt Wagons UC Pro that puts out 2300W with an X1 controller.

View attachment 115070
Looks awesome, a motor built in Canada is plus too, for me I don't care about speed but I do care about being able to climb mountainous terrain with enough power to climb up without bogging down or breaking a chain, the video has me sold.
I do have one question, what are the amps on that motors controller, doing some math on the watts output, I would think the minimum would be 40??

As someone who is completely happy with the power output aspect of my Ultra, the thing that I see as most appealing here is the removal of any shift interconnect problems. This will shift as well under throttle as my hub drive, and completely eliminate the automatic power disconnect that is necessary with the Ultra through a conventional drivetrain. Big plus in variable and hilly terrain. Combine that with the eliminated drivetrain wear problems the ultra can be prone to in high-power applications, and you've got the makings of a really interesting platform for intermediate cargo and high speed/power use.

No Torque sensing is a deal breaker for me right now, but I would be uber interested down the road once you figure that out!

Personally I think the Bafang Ultra is already about as much power as makes sense in an "ebike", I'm more interested in refinement in things like reliability, actually good headlights and tail lights, a properly integrated rack + fender package for commuting, etc.

Here is metric I want.. how steep a hill can bike start going with a like 200lbs rider with some gear. Purely with motor. Thats both like downside to single speed.. but also up side to having a beefy chain.

Back