GenZe at Costco

Martinet

Costco has via internet order Genze bikes for $1,299 . Ends 4/22/18. These look like the e100 series ($1499 list), however specs say 350 hub motor like the 200 series ($1,899 list). If this checks out, Costco is a great place to buy because of its strong return/warranty program.

Bike has been around for years. Tiny battery 36v 9ah or something. A few vids on YouTube (Court did one 3-4 years ago).

I'd buy a Ancheer for $500 on Amazon before I'd drop $1300 + tax on that.

If I were in the market for a bike with that kind of spec, I'd also look at the $295.00 Ancheer offered on Wal-Mart. 250 watt, 8 ah battery.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It's cool that ebikes are mainstream enough to be offered by big discount distributors. I wouldn't expect too much of the bikes though. It is dirt cheap!

If I were in the market for a bike with that kind of spec, I'd also look at the $295.00 Ancheer offered on Wal-Mart. 250 watt, 8 ah battery.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It's cool that ebikes are mainstream enough to be offered by big discount distributors. I wouldn't expect too much of the bikes though. It is dirt cheap!
Amazon price includes delivery, but now I see they raised the price to $620. WM wants $300 delivery.

The problem with all these Chinesium bikes is the unknown battery suppliers. No doubt rebranded or recycled used batteries with dubious longevity to get the price so low. That said, a YouTuber posted his experiences with the ancheer and it was better than one might expect.

Amazon price includes delivery, but now I see they raised the price to $620. WM wants $300 delivery.

The problem with all these Chinesium bikes is the unknown battery suppliers. No doubt rebranded or recycled used batteries with dubious longevity to get the price so low. That said, a YouTuber posted his experiences with the ancheer and it was better than one might expect.
Yeah, you have to be careful buying these "bargain bikes". You can find a bunch of the Ancheer bikes from various discounters. "Free shipping" or not, all in they are 5 to 6 hundred. The Genze bikes are probably better bikes. Inexpensive is good, cheap is something else.

Some of us don't want a DIY kit, and are not hard core enough to spend motorcycle money on an e-bike. My wife and I trust Costco for quality products, places like Wal-mart not so much.

Our GenZes came ready to ride, have a decent warranty and apparently excellent customer service. I got an emailed reply to a question in less than 15 minutes. As for issues like battery quality, forum member KenM. posted a long term review that included 5000 miles on the original battery.

BTW I have assembled a couple of clip-on gas engines to Wal-mart cruisers for a friend, and KenM's experiences with his match mine. They are junk, and pollute the air with noise and two-stroke oil smoke. The likelihood that they are no longer functional is a bit comforting, though.

GenZe assembles those bikes in a factory in Ann Arbor Michigan. I had a tour last winter and saw them working on the Costco order. At the time they were also subcontracting to local bicycle shops for some help with big orders. So if you live in this part of the world, and you buy one, you are getting something that you can find help from folks who have experience, not just the company but local shops as well. I think you will find it is more supportable, and there is something to be said for that.

Thanks for that info. I laugh at the naysayers who think that a 47 pound e-bike is heavy; looking at the others on this site (especially the homebuilt ones) almost none of them weigh much less.

My old Specialized Rockhopper weighs 29. The GenZe battery weighs nearly 5. The rest is motor, roughly 14 pounds. Not bad for the price, performance, and warranty.

Back