2023 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1

oneneuf

Region
Canada
I recently bought a 2023 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1 thinking it would be better than the previous VLT 2 I had that had an in tube battery. I wanted the convenience of taking the battery out during cold winter months as. I don’t have an heated garage. After about 200k i just returned this biked to my local bike shop. One problem after they other with the bike not engaging when trying to turn on the unit. Not only that the marketing is misleading about the ease of battery removal. Far from it. You have to turn the bike upside down, remove a cap and tinker with trying to get the battery out. The bike tech at my bike shop even struggled getting the battery out.

Sorry to hear about your problems concerning the VLT1. I haven’t experienced the same issue surrounding the power supply as you and a few others have. Most/all complaints relating to this specific issue point to the connection with the internal battery and improper alignment/tension on the main power cable or as simple as the charge cover interface not being properly secured after charging. My shop was also aware of the problems. I also knew beforehand about the procedure to remove the battery as it’s similar to that of my Levo. Just something that I’m accustomed to and it’s no big deal to me. I don’t have a heated garage either but am fortunate that I do have room to store the bike indoors over the winter season which is an obvious bonus. I took delivery of my Norco last month and logged over 300km before most of the snow here melted. Overall, my first fat bike experience has been totally positive and a small part of me wishes winter here lasted a bit longer. It’s good that you were treated well by your shop and understand your decision but feel bad that you had to return the bike.

Sorry to hear about your problems concerning the VLT1. I haven’t experienced the same issue surrounding the power supply as you and a few others have. Most/all complaints relating to this specific issue point to the connection with the internal battery and improper alignment/tension on the main power cable or as simple as the charge cover interface not being properly secured after charging. My shop was also aware of the problems. I also knew beforehand about the procedure to remove the battery as it’s similar to that of my Levo. Just something that I’m accustomed to and it’s no big deal to me. I don’t have a heated garage either but am fortunate that I do have room to store the bike indoors over the winter season which is an obvious bonus. I took delivery of my Norco last month and logged over 300km before most of the snow here melted. Overall, my first fat bike experience has been totally positive and a small part of me wishes winter here lasted a bit longer. It’s good that you were treated well by your shop and understand your decision but feel bad that you had to return the bike.
Thanks very much for the response. You sound a lot more savvy than me on these issues. Very helpful.

Thanks very much for the response. You sound a lot more savvy than me on these issues. Very helpful.
I came across this video from another VLT1 owner experiencing his own power supply issue. He was finally able to sort it out with some careful sleuthing thanks to his LBS. The solution to his problem is contained in the comment section below the video.

Last edited:
Back