2022 Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO

I found a video of someone who has received their 2022 Expert EVO. I'm really liking the way the color looks "in person".
Looks great. Wonder about the placement of the micro tune buttons though. Not how they show them on specialized website. Wondering how knowledgeable the LBS is on placement. Thanks for sharing.

Looks great. Wonder about the placement of the micro tune buttons though. Not how they show them on specialized website. Wondering how knowledgeable the LBS is on placement. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I've never seen that placement before, but it could have been done that way at the owner's request.

Did your bike come with the Turbo Road Remote? Now that they've started publishing the 2022 Creos on the US site, I noticed that the description refers to a "Handlebar remote" as if it's included.

On another note, I was informed that my bike is arriving in 7-10 days.
Yes the road remote is included with the Expert model. Absolutely essential in my experience so far. Couldn't imagine having to look down to the TCU every time you wanted to change power mode. If it's not included, I would def get one. The LBS put the 'hidden' buttons on the inside of the hoods - very convenient to use with your thumbs.
PXL_20220309_221133380.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the road remote is included with the Expert model. Absolutely essential in my experience so far. Couldn't imagine having to look down to the TCU every time you wanted to change power mode. If it's not included, I would def get one.View attachment 119701
Thanks for the confirmation. I already have a brand new one sitting in the box, it looks like I will be selling it.

Isn‘t that a 10-50 cassette?
Edit: I see, only non Evo version comes with 10-44 XPLR etap.

Last edited:
Isn‘t that a 10-50 cassette?
Edit: I see, only non Evo version comes with 10-44 XPLR etap.
I believe it's an 11-50 cassette.

I'm in better shape than I was when I first ordered this bike since I've been riding a Roubaix. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be spinning out too easy. Hopefully, there will be an easy fix/hack for that.

Finally Home!

I took it on a quick 1.5-mile ride around the neighborhood. There are some nuances I'll need to get used to such as when the motor cuts in and out and shifting gears.

My first bike with carbon wheels and a dropper post.

It did come with the turbo remote so I'm selling the remote I already had sitting on the shelf.

I added my bottle cages, it's on the charger now along with the range extender (via Y-cable) and I plan on taking it for a ride in a few hours down to the beach.

While I wait, I'll spend some time learning how to use mission control and figuring out if I can get my Garmin Edge 830 paired to the bike.

IMG_1266.jpeg

Finally Home!

I took it on a quick 1.5-mile ride around the neighborhood. There are some nuances I'll need to get used to such as when the motor cuts in and out and shifting gears.

It did come with the turbo remote so I'm selling the remote I already had sitting on the shelf.

I added my bottle cages, it's on the charger now along with the range extender (via Y-cable) and I plan on taking it for a ride in a few hours down to the beach.

While I wait, I'll spend some time learning how to use mission control and figuring out if I can get my Garmin Edge 830 paired to the bike.

View attachment 122541
Very nice gravel bike! I imagine you're making @Stefan Mikes jealous too!

Finally Home!

View attachment 122541
Looks great. My ETA is June now. A medium came in but not my large. I’m guessing you’re a giant based on that stem angle! Enjoy it!

He's had me jealous for the past 8 months I've been without a Creo :)

Does anyone know if this is normal? Battery charging is showing 108% and still going.

View attachment 122543
Since you are charging both the main and Range Extender, that is probably fine - it will top out at 150%. That's obviously the Master Mind unit. My older Creo only shows BARS

He's had me jealous for the past 8 months I've been without a Creo :)

Does anyone know if this is normal? Battery charging is showing 108% and still going.

View attachment 122543
Yes completely normal. With the RE battery it will go up to 150%. If you add in Ebike field from Garmin Connect IQ apps (link - https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1532f0d9-fd19-4b63-b038-435d8fd670a4) to your Garmin device, you can have the 'true' percentage (ie out of 100%) showing for the total of both batteries.

niiice ! wh
Finally Home!

View attachment 122541
niiiice ! which color is that? obviously a 2022 EVO model but the expert with white lettering looks much lighter than that on the website. looks great.

niiice ! wh

niiiice ! which color is that? obviously a 2022 EVO model but the expert with white lettering looks much lighter than that on the website. looks great.
It's called Satin Gun White Mountain, it looks way better in person than it does on their website.

Here are some photos from today's quick 20 mile ride

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg

A few things I've noticed from my inaugural ride:

* I might need a bigger chainring
* I still feel like I'm getting a workout. Oddly enough, it feels like I get more of a workout on this bike because I'm always pushing hard. This is great!
* Riding uphill is easier, but I have to be more thoughtful about how I shift
* Wind has an impact on carbon wheels, I never thought it would be noticeable. The first time I felt it, I only had one hand on the handlebars and pushed the wheel over hard, it was an unnerving feeling.
* I need to learn how to use my Garmin Edge 830. I've only used it to record my rides and let it auto-upload. After pairing it with all of the sensors on the bike, it updates with some new screens that I need to get more acquainted with.
* I probably don't need the range extender
* All Creos should come with Turbo Road Remotes

thanks for the additional pics ! it doesn’t look remotely like the color on the website! love it.

Slightly off-topic, I put in an order for the Roubaix Pro size 61, it also looks way better in person than on the website. Hands down the best colorway with its color shift from green to gray. I wish it was in stock in my size (64 pictured).

IMG_1123.jpeg

Last edited:
That's the great thing about my SL4. I can get whatever workout I want. And I can always get home when I'm spent no matter how far from home.

Back