2022 Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO

I havent gotten mine either. My LBS told me last sept. that it would be here for sure in Dec. but when I went to check on it they told me they have no idea when it might arrive.😖
Until then I will continue to ride my turbo Levo MTB. Im here in Las Vegas, NV.

I havent gotten mine either. My LBS told me last sept. that it would be here for sure in Dec. but when I went to check on it they told me they have no idea when it might arrive.😖
Until then I will continue to ride my turbo Levo MTB. Im here in Las Vegas, NV.
I come down to Vegas (from SLC) a lot in the winter. Vegas has amazing mountain bike trails, cottonwood and Bears Best are my favorites. I have a Levo SL that I ride down their.

I spoke with the shop and they don't have an idea of when the bike will be in. It's not even showing up on the dealer's portal anymore.

I spoke with the shop and they don't have an idea of when the bike will be in. It's not even showing up on the dealer's portal anymore.
Specialized removed the 2022 models because they have several 2021s remaining and want their dealers to run those down before they offer the 2022s.

Specialized removed the 2022 models because they have several 2021s remaining and want their dealers to run those down before they offer the 2022s.
seems like they let both coexist for a while last year, but the changes weren’t as significant. they obviously had a bit of a glut since they discounted the larger frame sizes so heavily. unusual situation in these pandemic days!

seems like they let both coexist for a while last year, but the changes weren’t as significant. they obviously had a bit of a glut since they discounted the larger frame sizes so heavily. unusual situation in these pandemic days!
Yep, for about two weeks they had the 2022s in the system…that’s when I ordered mine. I suspect they had a lot ordered during that time and realized that the 2021s were less likely to sell if they didn’t remove them.

Yep, for about two weeks they had the 2022s in the system…that’s when I ordered mine. I suspect they had a lot ordered during that time and realized that the 2021s were less likely to sell if they didn’t remove them.
A $1000 discount would certainly encourage me to lighten up their inventory. $2000 and I'll buy one next week.

The shop owner mentioned they could easily get the 2021 Expert Evo in green right now, this was also the case back in September. I like the latest and greatest so I'll wait, and thanks to my Roubaix I'm used to the SRAM eTap. I did tell him if a 2022 S-Works comes in before the Expert Evo I'll buy that instead.

A $1000 discount would certainly encourage me to lighten up their inventory. $2000 and I'll buy one next week.
When I first started bike shopping, I missed the (labor day?) discount by a few days. I asked about it at one of the local corporate stores but the manager wouldn't extend it to me. I would have bought the yellow Expert Evo XXL right away. At the time, knowing it was priced about $2k lower stopped me from pulling the trigger.

Fortunately, that provided an opportunity for me to discover the 2022 which I'll patiently wait for.

That 2021 yellow Expert EVO is still sitting in their shop waiting for a buyer.

I bought my 2021 Creo SL Expert EVO with a $2000 discount at the end of December (the sales was actually over but the shop had accidentally left the sale tag on. When I said I’d buy at that sale price, the shopped decided to honor it). I really wanted 12-speed AXS (I was comparing against the Canyon Grail:eek:n) and I could not have considered the Expert were it not for the discount. Lack of availability on the Grail:eek:n and immediate availability on the Expert led me get the Creo.

So far I’m not disappointed that I did not wait for the 2022. For $7,800 the price was more acceptable and I’m able to ride it now, even though it is deep winter. I’ve put on winter studded tires, mud guards and added the road-remotes and the Di2 ant+|btle module. Also added bar-mitts to keep my hands warm. So far I’ve ridden 222 miles through ice, snow, gravel, paved trails and road mostly in temps well below freezing.

Longest ride so far was 56m with a 18mph head wind for about 30 miles of it. It was touch and go with the battery level for a bit (I mostly rode in ECO set at 30% with Trail as needed set at 50%-60%). In the end with a tail wind heading back I ended up with 23% charge left.

I still get some range anxiety but so far I’m loving the riding it is giving me in the winter. Glad I did not wait for the next year’s model. If anyone can still get the $2000 off the 2021, I’d highly recommend it.
4CAD5AA4-5393-468A-A158-C6C85A4E89E0.jpeg

The shop called me today, they spoke with their corporate rep who indicated that the expected delivery window for my bike is now March, April, or May.

I bought my 2021 Creo SL Expert EVO with a $2000 discount at the end of December (the sales was actually over but the shop had accidentally left the sale tag on. When I said I’d buy at that sale price, the shopped decided to honor it). I really wanted 12-speed AXS (I was comparing against the Canyon Grail:eek:n) and I could not have considered the Expert were it not for the discount. Lack of availability on the Grail:eek:n and immediate availability on the Expert led me get the Creo.

So far I’m not disappointed that I did not wait for the 2022. For $7,800 the price was more acceptable and I’m able to ride it now, even though it is deep winter. I’ve put on winter studded tires, mud guards and added the road-remotes and the Di2 ant+|btle module. Also added bar-mitts to keep my hands warm. So far I’ve ridden 222 miles through ice, snow, gravel, paved trails and road mostly in temps well below freezing.

Longest ride so far was 56m with a 18mph head wind for about 30 miles of it. It was touch and go with the battery level for a bit (I mostly rode in ECO set at 30% with Trail as needed set at 50%-60%). In the end with a tail wind heading back I ended up with 23% charge left.

I still get some range anxiety but so far I’m loving the riding it is giving me in the winter. Glad I did not wait for the next year’s model. If anyone can still get the $2000 off the 2021, I’d highly recommend it.
View attachment 112645
I’m impressed! Most (including myself) wouldn’t consider riding their Creos through those conditions in the dead of winter but you sir are a class above. 👍 You know it's cold when the bar mitts get called into action. Mine is currently enlisted as a winter trainer in the warm confines of our basement. Fortunately, I have a another ride that sees me through the bitter cold and snow here.

Sullivan Ridge is one over from the Will Rogers/Backbone Trail. There’s nothing more fun than Will Rogers down from The Hub. I just don’t know about climbing back up it. Have you gone up Will Rogers?

Sullivan Ridge starts at the top of Capri Drive. Sullivan Canyon is an easier way up, and really bucolic under sycamore trees, which starts at Queensferry Road. Everything winds up on Dirt Mulholland.

Here’s the view of the bridge above Will Rogers with the Pacific in the background. Between this perch and the bridge is a stone staircase. Type II fun for sure.

If you’re in the area, join the Facebook group Gravel Bike California. Plenty of local riders and trails.

View attachment 101398
Hey, check out this integrated computer mount from Specialized for a cleaner look:

Its out of stock at specialized.com, but you can find it at third party sellers.

Just for the information of the OP - I picked up my Creo SL Expert 2022 model about a month ago (I'm in Australia - I originally ordered the 2021 model 6 months ago - long wait!). The specs are very similar to the 2022 EVO, but slightly different - 12 speed cassette 10-44 (46 chain ring), SRAM eTap, no dropper of course, 30mm tyres. Has the mastermind TCU too, and I picked up a range extender which is great for longer rides. Absolutely fantastic bike and the gearing works well on the road. Couldn't be happier - was worth the wait in the end.

Last edited:
Just for the information of the OP - I picked up my Creo SL Expert 2022 model about a month ago (I'm in Australia - I originally ordered the 2021 model 6 months ago - long wait!). The specs are very similar to the 2022 EVO, but slightly different - 12 speed cassette 10-44 (46 chain ring), SRAM eTap, no dropper of course, 30mm tyres. Has the mastermind TCU too, and I picked up a range extender which is great for longer rides. Absolutely fantastic bike and the gearing works well on the road. Couldn't be happier - was worth the wait in the end.
Good to hear they're rolling out. I didn't realize there's no dropper, the spec sheet I saw included a dropper (see the OP). Post some pics when you get a chance.

I've been enjoying my Roubaix so much that I'm not too excited about this anymore. Hopefully, my maiden voyage, whenever the bike arrives, will change that.

Good to hear they're rolling out. I didn't realize there's no dropper, the spec sheet I saw included a dropper (see the OP). Post some pics when you get a chance.

I've been enjoying my Roubaix so much that I'm not too excited about this anymore. Hopefully, my maiden voyage, whenever the bike arrives, will change that.
only the EVO models have the dropper. some earlier photos of the ‘22 s-works EVO showed a wireless dropper.

I ordered a Red Shift (RS) suspension seat post for my 2021 Creo EVO Expert. I don't need the dropper post for a gravel bike but I would like some suspension going over more technical terrain. The RS post should weigh about the same as the standard dropper post so I'm not losing anything.

Did your bike come with the Turbo Road Remote? Now that they've started publishing the 2022 Creos on the US site, I noticed that the description refers to a "Handlebar remote" as if it's included.

UI/Remote
Specialized MasterMind TCU, percentage of remaining charge, 120 possible display configurations, MicroTune assist adjustment, over-the-air updates, ANT+/Bluetooth®, w/Handlebar remote

On another note, I was informed that my bike is arriving in 7-10 days.

Back