2021 Trek Ebike Release Date and Rumors?

If this is true, I'm wondering if Yamaha has some new improvements in their motors that will be quite significant. Trek has used Bosch motors for many years and I'm guessing it was a big decision to switch (if true).

Trek may simply be adding a Yamaha line. Probably a good business decision for increasing their customer base.

I'll take a guess just for fun ; Trek will add a 700c gravel grinding commuter to their line for 2021 with a Yamaha drive .
An updated / revived CrossRip+ ?
Or maybe they just want to have some lower price point SKU’s , which going with Yamaha will allow them to offer .

1592774355493.png

Rumours for the European Market - 2021

Allant+7/8/9.9 No Change
Domane+ LT No Change
Domane+ HP No Change (i.e. for select European Markets, Excludes UK)

Bosch No information of Gen5 in 2021 - Updated Nyon display & COBI App
Fazua Evation No information on 2021 - New 'Remote bx' touch/single button controller

Rumours for the European Market - 2021

Allant+7/8/9.9 No Change
Domane+ LT No Change
Domane+ HP No Change (i.e. for select European Markets, Excludes UK)

Bosch No information of Gen5 in 2021 - Updated Nyon display & COBI App
Fazua Evation No information on 2021 - New 'Remote bx' touch/single button controller

Any market info on the new models with the Yamaha drive system?

My guess is Trek will offer Yamaha’s PW-TE drive which delivers 60Nm of torque with max speed of 20mph and phase out the Bosh Active and Active + .

Wrong again e-boy !

2021 Trek Verve + 2 w/ Bosch Active Line

1595792288728.png

Exciting/interesting news... my LBS owner (who I’ve known a long time and trust) told me today that “yes, new Trek ebikes should be landing at his store by Aug-Sept... and... “Yamaha Motors will be in the mix”! I said, wait, I thought Trek was all Bosch? He said “Trek was all Bosch”. Hmmmm. He also said these new Trek ebikes are “definitely worth waiting for” (vs. buying now). Can’t wait to find out more! Anyone?
I've had no end of trouble with Yamaha motors (Giant Syncsport). Granted, it's only one bike--but five motors in a year? I'd be wary until some long-term reviews come in.

I’ve seen a number of ‘21 model year ebikes on the Trek site now and none appear to have a Yammy motor. Even did a search of Yamaha for the entire site with 0 results. So much for that rumor.🤔

Hmmm, I just test rode an Allant+ 7 S and like it. I am waiting for a refund from another brand bike I bought and returned (UPS to Canada) yesterday. Not sure if I want to go all summer with no bike, then buy one just before the weather change makes riding a pain.
Can you advise what kind of Ebike you returned and the reason. I am currently looking at a bike made in Canada and am interested if it is the same one.

If you add in reliability, parts availability, battery quality, number of trained service personnel, commitment to 10 years of parts availability and tech support, after the last year of production on a model and the low number of failures and replacements relative to market share, Bosch emerges as a clearly the best all around. Yes the Brose motor is quieter, lighter and has greater torque, but it doesn't come close in these other important factors.

Yep, they have everything but balls.

I’ve seen a number of ‘21 model year ebikes on the Trek site now and none appear to have a Yammy motor. Even did a search of Yamaha for the entire site with 0 results. So much for that rumor.🤔

... maybe this will find it's way onto a Trek : (Giant is offering it for 2021)

From electric bike report .com :

"... Yamaha are introducing the PWseries CE drive unit and the External Crossover battery to the Model Year 2021 line up .
Yamaha says it has "created it's lightest , quietest and most compact drive unit - and a battery that provides increased versatility and practicality . "

250W w/ 50Nm torque , 2.9kg (coaster brake version) ??
lightest drive unit ever created by Yamaha

... maybe this will find it's way onto a Trek : (Giant is offering it for 2021)

From electric bike report .com :

"... Yamaha are introducing the PW series CE drive unit and the External Crossover battery to the Model Year 2021 line up.
Yamaha says it has "created it's lightest, quietest and most compact drive unit - and a battery that provides increased versatility and practicality. "

250W w/ 50Nm torque , 2.9kg (coaster brake version) ??
lightest drive unit ever created by Yamaha

Thanks for sharing... more details on the Yamaha CE motor found here:

Trek Domane+ ALR

-Lower end version of Domane+
-300 Series verus 500 Series Aluminium frameset
-Shimano 105 Mechanical Groupset (except cranks which remain FSA)
- No front/Rear lights on the promo material)
- $4999.9 (US), £3500 (UK)

Unrelated
Sales of Ebikes in UK have almost ceased -
UK Government have published a whitepaper of a ebike scheme which includes subsidy of £1k - £3k - expected to finalised Q4 2020

Back