2020 : Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Out today for lunch (buffalo wings, curly fries, 1 lb steamed jumbo shrimp, key lime cheesecake) and then for dessert, a nice big cup of coffee at my favorite Starbucks. Mmm Mmm good.

Attachments

• 20201017_133947.jpg
    20201017_133947.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 253
  • 20201017_135811.jpg
    20201017_135811.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 233
Out today for lunch (buffalo wings, curly fries, 1 lb steamed jumbo shrimp, key lime cheesecake) and then for dessert, a nice big cup of coffee at my favorite Starbucks. Mmm Mmm good.
Stay safe. I'm still not eating in. But I have a campervan / sagwagon with heated dinette. An picnic tables along the trails.

One of my regular loops through 'the bush' …

Kholo Road, Ipswich

Kholo Road, Ipswich, QLD
15 km; 7.50 am
Today's weather was predicted to be warm and dry so I chose not to stray far from home, opting for a 60 km loop through the dry bushland between Ipswich and Brisbane. Being Sunday, it was the roadies' turn to be out 'training'. They are nice people who habitually acknowledge my greeting.

Despite any impression that might be gained from this view, there are some serious hills (and descents!) to be dealt with. About thirty-five minutes into the ride I pulled over to take a photo of my Homage's Kiox computer screen which was displaying one of those allegedly significant odometer readings featuring an excessively long row of zeroes. It had been a long time coming.

The next photo was taken forty minutes later where a family had chosen to make their home…

Lake Manchester Road, Kholo, Brisbane

Lake Manchester Road, Kholo, QLD
27 km; 8.30 am

2020-10-18 : Map : Mount Crosby Loop

I Love E-Bikes!

View attachment 68890
After Jacek replaced the smallest cogs in the Trance E+ cassette, I could ride fast. While riding at night in rain, I sped up past the limiter and reached that speed on the e-MTB on the flat. That's 32.7 mph for you :) See the display covered with rainwater.

View attachment 68891
I ride disregarding the weather. I'm a little bit afraid to catch cold so rode up to one of local pharmacies in Podkowa Leśna to buy Echinacea droplets. The herb usually improves my immunity. The small city of Podkowa Leśna (yes, it is a city even if the population is 3,300) was established in 1920s as a planned "garden city". It sports circular street design, and is inhabited by celebrities nowadays. The English name would be "Grove Horseshoe". Besides, I live in the neighbouring town. My own fence is the town and county border!

View attachment 68892
My typical shopping route (to make more km). No beer or liquor today, though :) Funny to think the entire route was inside Podkowa Leśna even if I live in Brwinów!
Someone likes their new helmet.
I do too, been thinking of a fullface.

Well Ive burnt the motor out, teararsing through soft sand and thats it now, not even going to repair it, bikes being retired.
Mid drive, less aggressive looking.
Better range, better climbing.
Heres my latest thoughts, the last one was 100day delivery, this one is 20 days.
£2200 inc delivery, but with dnm rather than rockshock suspension.
Screenshot_2020-10-18-13-05-54-1.png

This is part of the ride where the motor said enough.
Thats 2.5X speed incase you think Im Fabio Wilmer

Well Ive burnt the motor out, teararsing through soft sand and thats it now, not even going to repair it, bikes being retired.
Heres my latest thoughts, the last one was 100day delivery, this one is 20 days.
View attachment 68975

Very stealthy bike. Enjoy the he*l out of it. To another 10 years:D

View attachment 68975

What motor?

Did a ride out to the Scarborough bluffs last week, and decided to test my new GoPro Hero9...

The shot at :45 and the shot at 1:00 are only 750 metres apart, but we had to ride 7km to get there. We could have shaved it down a km if we took an uphill trail, but it was covered with wet leaves, and people doing some leaf peeping, so didn't want to have to stop part way up to avoid collisions (lots of selfie takers out). :)

This included a short 200 metre 9-13% grade run on the west side and a 1+ km 8-12% on the east. Given that there's not much on the west side, at least from a cycling perspective, I'll skip it next time. :)

2020-10-18.png

Oh, here's a pic to make it more clear... :)

20201010_164957.jpg

Last edited:
Mid drive, less aggressive looking. Better range, better climbing.
View attachment 68975

Good luck with your new ride... I think you will enjoy the mid-drive.

Back