2020 GIANT Explore-E+ Maximum Range Expectations

I've also looked at the Explore E+ 4 and am disappointed that that's the only model they sell in the U.S. I would readily spend more for the features that are on the higher level models.

With a little more time on the bike now, I can say that level 3 to 4 changes the range quite a bit. The display will show some 40+ miles left, then you switch it to 4 and it drops 10 miles.
It's all about how much assist you use and how much you pedal. I still really like the integration - it's a very smooth and predictable bike. Very much like it.

I got my giant road e Pro 2020 about 2 weeks ago it has maxxis 32 mm tires on the wheels.I charged the battery to 100% and on eco mode it gave me 100km on my computer that came whith the bike.I didn’t like the look having small tires on the bike because of the big battery tube at the bottoms of the bike,so I ordered tires from giant called crosscut 50 mm for the looks and the 250watts extended powerpak for more mileages,I calculated about 33km for each 125 watts of riding. So I think the bike will do around 150 to 160 km on both battery’s.so I am gonna do about 35% off road and 65% on paved road.

I got my giant road e Pro 2020 about 2 weeks ago it has maxxis 32 mm tires on the wheels.I charged the battery to 100% and on eco mode it gave me 100km on my computer that came whith the bike.I didn’t like the look having small tires on the bike because of the big battery tube at the bottoms of the bike,so I ordered tires from giant called crosscut 50 mm for the looks and the 250watts extended powerpak for more mileages,I calculated about 33km for each 125 watts of riding. So I think the bike will do around 150 to 160 km on both battery’s.so I am gonna do about 35% off road and 65% on paved road.

Take what the computer suggests for range with a grain of salt. You really need to actually ride the bike to get a feel for the range. That model has the EVO on it? You are aware I hope, that different size tires will affect the accuracy of the readouts for both speed and distance. It's a shame that Giant didn't give us a way to re-calibrate for different sizes.

You've probably got a lot of snow on the roads now... have you been able to actually ride your new bike yet? Here in Montreal we've got so much snow on the roads (and lots of nasty road salts) plus really cold weather so my riding again is going to have to wait until spring when the roads are clean. It must be really tough for you to have to wait to ride the bike. Would be a shame to get the new bike all covered with road salt.

Me I live in the Acadien Pininsula in New Brunswick and there is a lot of snow so I’ll have to wait until the spring to get on my bike.my battery extender 250watt will only be here in middle of February it comes whith the plate to fixit on the bike and a bag for the battery for 700 dollars i no that the mileage will be affected whith the big tires that’s why I ordered the second battery.I am hopping to get at least 140km for the range of both battery’s whith my tires pomp up at the maximum pressure on pavement.

Me I live in the Acadien Pininsula in New Brunswick and there is a lot of snow so I’ll have to wait until the spring to get on my bike.my battery extender 250watt will only be here in middle of February it comes whith the plate to fixit on the bike and a bag for the battery for 700 dollars i no that the mileage will be affected whith the big tires that’s why I ordered the second battery.I am hopping to get at least 140km for the range of both battery’s whith my tires pomp up at the maximum pressure on pavement.
Here in Tracadie-Sheila the train railway has bin paved in new going to Shippagan and Lameque and Caraquet all in the woods and by the sea and coming back to Tracadie will give us at lease 140km

Here in Tracadie-Sheila the train railway has bin paved in new going to Shippagan and Lameque and Caraquet all in the woods and by the sea and coming back to Tracadie will give us at lease 140km

Très belle région! Je suis allé en vacances sur l'île Miscou en 2011. Vraiment génial!

Oui très belle région surtout avec le nouveau parcours de piste cyclable alsfalte à neuf.Here is a giant bike range table for the mileage for your battery range from giant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 390
My Fathom E+3 with 400wh battery recently did a 115km return trip on one charge. Terrain was mostly flat but it had a reasonable climb at one point in the journey. The ride was entirely in Eco mode.

That's about what I'm seeing. Not sure what 'eco' mode is, but on my level 3 range is about 60 miles, or 100km.
So far I'm delighted with the bike - it's everything I could want for current needs.
Our day trips are generally 30 miles or less. Perhaps when the days are longer and temps higher we'll get some longer treks going.

In my humble opinion only, you are absolutely going to want a 500kwh model. I can cover these distances (up to 60 or so) dependably on flattish terrain on my ToughRoad, but that is with the 500. The crushed stone surface really adds a lot of drag also, which is a range killer. A nice feature of the Yamaha system is the lack of appreciable drag when riding with the power off, which you can do across flats easily at least on a paved rail trail... it really adds to your range. But if you're out riding by yourself, like I usually am, you tend to ride faster than if you're just tooling along with a friend, and that impacts range also.

The last time I rode with a couple of friends on a gravel trail through the woods we went twenty some odd miles and I think I used maybe five percent of my battery. If it's just me it would look more like twenty percent, because I would have be in Eco all the way and be going a heck of a lot quicker.

If your favorite distance is 50 or higher, 400 won't get it. You'll be a nervous wreck from watching the range all day. My own favorite distance is 30 - 35 which is nothing, even if I go in Normal (middle range) mode the whole way. My last bike had a 400kwh battery and I would never have attempted to go that far without the charger in a pannier on the back. Big part of why I got this one!
I've been told buying an Explore with a 500 battery adds $1000 to the cost ($2500=$1000), true? If so wonder if it is no more expensive to buy a second 400 battery?

In a YouTube video a Giant rep said Auto mode was the most efficient power level to ride the bike .

Auto mode is supposed to provide a level assist regardless of grade. So it ramps up and backs off assist level as it senses your progress.
I'm fine with picking what I want - you can ramp it up or back it off by pushing the little button. LOL

I think the Giant rep was saying Auto will put the rider in the optimal mode for maximum efficiency .
So , for example , where a rider might select level 5 , Auto might select level 4 .
I'm not so sure how well it works but the Explore seemed to operate smoother riding in Auto .

Back