2019 Samedi Race 4 first impressions

Stefan ,what is wrong with your bikes ?
It's a disaster, Steve. My Vado has been at the Warsaw Specialized LBS for conversion to the new display type for 5 days. The expected workload is one man-hour. They will keep my bike for 12 days! Something's rotten in the state of Denmark...

The arrogant local bike workshop has kept my Lovelec for 5 days now in the queue. Only this afternoon the guys offered replacing the chain, cassette and the brake pads as well eliminating the noise from the bottom bracket. Some USD120. I still haven't gotten my bike back!

It's a disaster, Steve. My Vado has been at the Warsaw Specialized LBS for conversion to the new display type for 5 days. The expected workload is one man-hour. They will keep my bike for 12 days! Something's rotten in the state of Denmark...

The arrogant local bike workshop has kept my Lovelec for 5 days now in the queue. Only this afternoon the guys offered replacing the chain, cassette and the brake pads as well eliminating the noise from the bottom bracket. Some USD120. I still haven't gotten my bike back!
Yikes I know the bike shops are super busy these days! It is a good social distancing activity.

@steve mercier, I've got the answer from Moustache Bikes.

They only sell through dealers, never online. Their sales network in Poland is in the beginning. I could contact the hopeless dealer but why should I gratify the dealer for doing nothing? Moustache cannot deliver bikes in more colours than advertised. I'm sorry for them.

I've ordered a Giant. That's a huge brand with many dedicated dealers.

@steve mercier, I've got the answer from Moustache Bikes.

They only sell through dealers, never online. Their sales network in Poland is in the beginning. I could contact the hopeless dealer but why should I gratify the dealer for doing nothing? Moustache cannot deliver bikes in more colours than advertised. I'm sorry for them.

I've ordered a Giant. That's a huge brand with many dedicated dealers.
Which model ? I am surprised by how much colour matters to people. There is only one colour I do not like. When I was a teenager I had my $100 ten speed road bike stolen after leaving it unlocked against a stop sign while I went in to a coffee shop for lunch. My dad claimed it on his homeowners insurance and I was told to go pick up a new bike at the LBS. They had only one brand new Japanese 10 speed in my size ( in those days it was still mostly Raleigh and Peugeot dominating the market around here and Japanese bikes were only starting to make inroads) and much to my dismay it was in the horrible colour magenta. Thankfully it was stolen also.
1589376246757.png

Last edited:
Which model did you get? I am surprised by how much colour matters to people.
Mine is blue but big flashing red would be good for me as it make it more visible to car driver who don’t see us so often. I always wear a circulation bright orange vest. I feel more secure and I noticed that drivers see me better just by the look in their face.

Mine is blue but big flashing red would be good for me as it make it more visible to car driver who don’t see us so often. I always wear a circulation bright orange vest. I feel more secure and I noticed that drivers see me better just by the look in their face.
JohnDoe I know which bike you have but what about a few pictures and your impressions of it?

Steve, it is critical I can collect (and pay for) the bike tomorrow, which is Thursday. It is because I will travel to Cracow this Friday, have a birthday party with Kalon (and Banshee), then set to a hilly ride for 50 km on Saturday. The dealer is good (and he needs the money); still, it is not in his hands but in the hands of the Giant distributor. I would be weeping if it turned out the bike were unavailable. In such case, no bike purchase until the 2021 season starting in Autumn 2020. Since my Vado wouldn't be released from service by Friday, I might take the Lovelec, which is not a climber but what else to do?

Bad times indeed.

Back