2019 Samedi Race 4 first impressions

I rode 200km in the last 2 weeks. Big difference CX. VS Performance line. Love the bike.
I was almost going to settle for the Performance line because they had a Samedi 27 Xroad 3 FS in my size but I am glad I did not. There is no substitute for low end torque.

Last edited:
Steve, in case you need to change the grips, please use the Grip Selector on the Ergon Bike website:

The Grip Selector is very well thought. After I entered my parameters, the Selector came with the GP 5, which turned out to be fantastic for touring. You will certainly find ideal e-MTB grips for your Moustache there!
Those GA 3 grips look interesting !

Today I put a spare battery in the Klickfix/ Vaude handlebar bag and headed out for a 100km ride. This bag has a solid plastic inner frame and is rated for 7 kg. After 35 km I realized I forgot the key at home. I ended only up riding 44 km mostly in Turbo and had 13 km remaining when I got home. Clearly I could easily get the 100 km on two batteries in Turbo with no de-limiter installed yet.
1587756021684.png

Last edited:
I know that their wharehouse is close and no bikes are sent to Canada for the moment.
Getting shipments from Europe is difficult right now in Canada. I ordered from Rose Bikes and they shipped it twice by post but both times it was returned to them so they just refunded payment. I am still waiting for items from Holland ,Ireland and USA. All are overdue. Items via UPS were due to arrive on Tuesday and Wednesday but nothing did. Even local stuff is hard to get. The LBS around here are so busy on a reduced schedule they do not answer the phones much and are backed up for servicing until June. If you want something in a hurry these days you are out of luck.

Last edited:
UPS, holy .... what a ... They charge 55$ cdn for import duty fee for a 3$ parcel. You got to be patient with them. I have 3 parcels that are standing in their wharehouse for the past 6 days at 2 km from my home and they still don't send it to me. Crap. I don't like to do business with them.

UPS, holy .... what a ... They charge 55$ cdn for import duty fee for a 3$ parcel. You got to be patient with them. I have 3 parcels that are standing in their wharehouse for the past 6 days at 2 km from my home and they still don't send it to me. Crap. I don't like to do business with them.
Same here! DHL is my top choice when I can use it.

What is it that you do not like about the bike shops that carry them in Poland?
There is a single dealer 400 km from my place. To give you a notion of the distance (because Canada is a large country), the longest road distance in Poland is just 950 km. OK, I checked the website of the dealer. They offer just 3 post-demo Moustache e-bikes. Very impressive, right? :D

I agree. I mean 400 km means 40% of the longest distance and it is some 5 hours driving one way there. Taking into account the present covid situation it is no option for me (the hotels don't work now).

There is a single dealer 400 km from my place. To give you a notion of the distance (because Canada is a large country), the longest road distance in Poland is just 950 km. OK, I checked the website of the dealer. They offer just 3 post-demo Moustache e-bikes. Very impressive, right? :D
Stefan if you get on your bike and pedal hard you will be there in only 38 hours

Back