2019 Radrover Battery and no bike

Marq_7

Hello guys!

Im Marques from Michigan. I feel as if Ebikes are definitely changing the way of the streets! I loved my Ebike which was a 2019 Radrover. Unfortunately It was stolen a few days ago and now i just have the battery and charger. If there is anyone who is looking and needs a new battery/motor for a radrover. Please dont hesitate to reply and or email me @ [email protected].

The radrover ebikes have some flaws but every bike does, if anyone is looking to invest in an affordable ebike, you should definitely check out the radrovers. Oh and which ever ebikes you guys have make sure you have a heavy duty bike lock. Or it might get stolen, just like how mine did.

Peace and Blessings to y'all

Wow, sorry to hear about your bike! No insurance, I guess? (I know this isn't what you want to hear at this point, but if you get another bike, check Velosurance or Markel. They have more than just theft insurance, but it's not too expensive if that's all you want.)

I understand about throwing money around, but I'd be hard pressed not to get another bike if mine disappeared. You might consider holding on to your battery in case you decide to go that route. Having a spare battery is really nice.

I already have a spare, but send me a private message with how much you want for it and I might consider it. (Click on my "T" icon and then "Start Conversation".

TT

2 locks, one a thick u-lock, the other a kryptonite chain lock, or equal, and secure frame to thick post that is embedded in concrete or a public rack that can't be lifted. Don't worry about wheels as those are replaceable. These are deterrents and no guarantee, but a lot cheaper than any ebike and especially if you chose the no insurance route. Just sayin'...

P.s. Rad ebikes, as far as ebikes go, make perfect high value theft targets as nothing on them is proprietary, aftermarket parts on them are very easy to obtain, especially the battery, and displays , and their popularity makes for easy resell for the thief. More expensive and proprietary ebikes that have very unique parts or intimately integrated batteries and controls, are much harder to sell, or find a battery for, if it's missing, and especially when their batteries sell for $900 , can only be obtained from the OEM, and thus higher risk to get operational, and much harder for the thief to unload and way more effort to try to sell unless he has keys too. Similar to cars that have easy to obtain after market parts and thousands in junk yards, like the Accord, civic, Chevy pick up, Ford pick ups, or Toyota car's. These cars take little effort to unload and are easy to part out too, sometimes being worth more in parts than sold as one. So just bc you got one of the lower priced ebikes, doesn't mean it isn't valued as highly by thiefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the theft!

I'm a recent convert (Spark Mini, which is similar to the Rad Mini), and I still haven't locked it up anywhere on the go.

Just curious, do you know if the lock was picked, or was it cut?

Yea ill b alright, i sure learned a lesson about it. Im positive it was cut. It was locked up in Chicago, but the lock i had wasnt that expensive.

A guy here in Chicago locked his fatbike to a signpost outside the shop where he was a cook. Store
video showed a thief ride up on a bike, unscrew the signpost from the sidewalk, and rdide away on the ebike. Cops don't have time to match faces and catch the guy.

Hello guys!

Im Marques from Michigan. I feel as if Ebikes are definitely changing the way of the streets! I loved my Ebike which was a 2019 Radrover. Unfortunately It was stolen a few days ago and now i just have the battery and charger. If there is anyone who is looking and needs a new battery/motor for a radrover. Please dont hesitate to reply and or email me @ [email protected].

The radrover ebikes have some flaws but every bike does, if anyone is looking to invest in an affordable ebike, you should definitely check out the radrovers. Oh and which ever ebikes you guys have make sure you have a heavy duty bike lock. Or it might get stolen, just like how mine did.

Peace and Blessings to y'all

Hi Marques. Sorry about your loss. I just got a Voltbike back in April and I contacted my home insurance company about insurance. They sent me an email confirming that I had replacement cost coverage on my bike no matter where it might be stolen. You might want to check with your home insurer to see what they have you covered for.

Yes to the home insurance. I checked up on mine and they added a rider that gives me replacement value coverage if it is lost or stolen. Also coverage for vandalism. No deductible. Cost was $5.20.

Back