2019 Rad Mini Speed Settings

trainman

So it's my understanding that on the 2019 Rad Mini setting the wheel size on the LCD panel will set the control to the correct speed and mileage, so my fat tire measures 22" to the outside of the tire, so I want my wheel size set a 22" correct. Also if I set the wheel size to a larger size this will let the electronics on the bike let the bike go faster, is this correct. Any info on this would be appreciated, thanks, trainman

I played with this on the Rad City, changing the tire size affects the reported speed on the display but doesn't change the "top" speed at all. I tried all the tire sizes figuring I would live with a wrong speedo if I got another couple of mph, but no such luck. So I set it back to stock which was the closest to the GPS speed I saw as well.

I played with this on the Rad City, changing the tire size affects the reported speed on the display but doesn't change the "top" speed at all. I tried all the tire sizes figuring I would live with a wrong speedo if I got another couple of mph, but no such luck. So I set it back to stock which was the closest to the GPS speed I saw as well.
On the controller pad, Press plus and minus to get into the menu. Press menu button to get to speed setting, press plus button to move speed setting to 40 KMH, press and hold menu button to go back out

On the controller pad, Press plus and minus to get into the menu. Press menu button to get to speed setting, press plus button to move speed setting to 40 KMH, press and hold menu button to go back out
I did see a video on YouTube that said, by doing what you said you could get around 23 MPH out of your Rad Mini.

I did see a video on YouTube that said, by doing what you said you could get around 23 MPH out of your Rad Mini.
From my mini after adjustment

Attachments

• E3F2CFBF-ABC9-4E21-8280-4E1FA79E8A1B.png
    E3F2CFBF-ABC9-4E21-8280-4E1FA79E8A1B.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 497
Is there any down side to resetting it to 40 KHM other then the speedometer will be off somewhat. At 74 yoa speed is not that big of a deal for me, but just nice to know it's there if I want it. For the wife and I we think we are flying at 15 MPH.

Setting that up to 40 kph sets the top speed the controller will let the motor get up to, it won't affect the speedometer, just actual top speed.

I did reset to 40KHM and put the wheel size at 22" on the Rad Mini, the speed did go up to around 23-24 MPH, but for some reason I did not feel the speed was correct, it seemed show, but them maybe it was just me. One other thing I noticed was the watts being used seemed to be higher then when set at the factory 32 speed setting, now I wasn't at top speed, I normally pedal at around 13-15 MPH in range 1 or 2 pedal assist. So my question is there one setting better for battery life then another, it seems like the 32 speed setting is more economical then the 40 speed setting when traveling in the 13-15 MPH range.

I think I can answer that. On the 32kph vs. 40kph setting, set either way the bike will use the same amount of power at 13-15 mph. The only time the bike will use more power will be at speeds not allowed by (above) the 32kmh setting.

The only thing you are changing with that speed limit is the point where the controller is going to taper off the available power (32kph vs. 40kph).

And I have to agree. 15 mph is plenty here as well. If I were using the bike to commute though, and there were long flat BORING sections of my route I had to traverse twice a day, I would likely want to go faster. Probably a lot faster.....

Back