2018 RadCity Pedal Assist not moving down when pressing down arrow

Yuma G

Yesterday while in PAS 3 I pushed down arrow to go to PAS 2 and it would not move down...repeated pushes on down arrow and no results until 20 - 30 seconds later PAS dropped to PAS 0...…. Up arrow works fine but issues with down arrow.... Suggestions?? and thanks in advance for your help :)

A new switch would probably be fix it. If it's wired to the display, you probably need the whole combo. Under warranty? If not, maybe some contact cleaner sprayed into the buttons. Probably water/moisture on the contacts.

I agree with harryS. I managed a fleet of 70+ Rad Power Bikes and issues would frequently arise. First step, open up the connectors and let it "air out" in a dry environment. Generally we'd leave them overnight if possible. With such a delayed response I'd swap LCD's, if problem persists then it's time to get a new controller. Good luck!

Have had bike only 4 weeks and it has never been in the rain and is stored inside so moisture issues are not likely the problem... I guess if the problem continues I'll contact radpower tech support and go from there. Thanks for your input guys.

Yesterday while in PAS 3 I pushed down arrow to go to PAS 2 and it would not move down...repeated pushes on down arrow and no results until 20 - 30 seconds later PAS dropped to PAS 0...…. Up arrow works fine but issues with down arrow.... Suggestions?? and thanks in advance for your help :)

Does walk mode work? (hold down "down arrow" button while in any PAS 1-5). If not, the control switch is most likely your problem. If walk mode works, problem is most likely elsewhere (wiring harness, connectors, controller, display) In any case contact RAD as I'm sure they will make it right.

Any resolution to this issue yet?

No issue has not been resolved although yesterday's ride seemed to be less problematic; was able to downshift from pas 3 to pas 2 several times without problem but then it occurred again so??

Out of pure curiosity, wondering if you are wearing gloves? The switch Rad is using isn't the greatest. It takes a bit for it to get the message your wanting to change. If you're wearing gloves, that could easily make it more difficult to make it work. Cols weather not likely helping anything either if that's present. That would make the rubber weather shield stiffer, and more difficult to operate.

There you go. Between the cooler weather and the gloves, that switch is likely not being pushed in far enough to do it's job reliably. Maybe a talk with Rad would get a new one on it's way for you to try. Pretty easy to swap them yourself.

Sitting here a couple hours north of Tampa myself. Good day to be working on the honey do list.....

Still beats shoveling snow by a WIDE margin!

Back