2018 radcity 300M report

fnkyhd

2018 Radcity large frame with 300 miles. busy reading all the posts here, thanks! the best mod i have done is a suspension seatpost and different seat from my road bike. the original seat was causing a misalignment and killing my knees. i think that because the riding position is upright it does not need front suspension, but rather rear suspension.
commuting north and south on the interurban there are definitely folks who find my presence there intimidating regardless of how fast i am going. someone told me to slow down the other day on the bikeway on linden st (he was standing in the bikeway and there was a car blocking the whole bikeway). i was going 15mph at the time. looking forward to rainy/wet weather all winter and i will have the path to myself :) seeing lots of ebikes out there and quite a few rad bikes = that many less cars!!!
really love the bike once i got the thing tuned up, brakes aligned, the spokes tightened and ride position dialed in and love that the seatpost is the same size as my road bike!

I work commute all year; but, drove today because we were expecting snow this morning. Of course, only a few flakes as it blew right over and around the city.

This is end of the biking season for most folks in the southwest as the temps start to drop. I will be out there with you on the road also during the fall and winter months.

I work commute all year; but, drove today because we were expecting snow this morning. Of course, only a few flakes as it blew right over and around the city.

This is end of the biking season for most folks in the southwest as the temps start to drop. I will be out there with you on the road also during the fall and winter months.
Move to Arizona. Every day is bike day over here (except maybe the 3 months in the summer where you have to go biking at 6am to avoid excessive heat; but that's not a problem with my 3 dogs as they wake me up at 5am :)

Last edited:
Move to Arizona. Every day is bike day over here (except maybe the 3 months in the summer where you have to go biking at 6am to avoid excessive heat; but that's not a problem with my 3 dogs as they wake me up to 5am :)

I used to live in Phoenix and the heat was too much for me. The weather was very nice and pleasant from Oct-Mar. It was the extreme summer heat, dust storms, and sudden down pours of what felt like 3 feet of rain in 15 minutes help me make my decision to move to Albuquerque for high desert living. Same amount of sunshine days as AZ, 6-7 inches of precipitation a year, low humidity, light jacket winter temps, sometimes you just need some shade for summer temps, and the only weather we get are the spring winds (15-20 mph sustained and 30-40 mph gusts, #1 reason for my ebike).

Note that the upright riding position, sought by many as comfortable, actually puts almost all the weight on the spine.

A more forward position, curves the spine, opens the diaphragm and distributes the weight. This is very easily accomplished by experimenting with the adjustable stem.

IMG_20181004_141351.jpg

checking back at 500M. love the bike and riding more now. dealing with knee issues just using more motor power and less of my own. had a pannier on one side but actually prefer a simple dry bag bungee'd to the rear rack (bike handles better with even weight distribution). trouble with rear brake still. squeaks like crazy, replaced pads & still squeals and not good stopping power in the wet...just the rear. front is fine. wondering if my initial suspicion of a warped disk was correct. definitely losing power in the colder weather but still a joy to ride.

Back