2018 Giant Dirt E+ Pro

trying to salvage this bike, my wife no longer interested with mtbs. she bought a Trek Verve+ ebike;)

that explains alot. she tends to start pedaling the bike in 9th gear and higher, that doesnt help, love her so much though!. the bike climbs like a goat, lots o torque. I considered purchasing the Box 1X 9 speed drivetrain however the reviews were terrible on this item. So its just not me who thinks this is unacceptable wear, thanks for your reply. I am going to keep the bike and and pedal assist appropriately. this Linkglide cassette looks impressive, the cogs are massive (and heavy) compared to the current XT cassette on the bike. all cogs are steel , I have high hopes for this new Shimano offering, with proper maintenance (yes! chain replacement) it should last 3 or 4 thousand miles. Have you seen the linkglide in person? no new bikes available with LG as far as I know. Nice espresso machine!. You replaced the entire motor? interesting.

I haven't looked at link glide because I moved from the giant full e pro to a levo sl as my fun bike - the giant just gets used as a workhorse now.

Ironically I have 2 spare cassettes sitting on the shelf, neither were purchased for longevity - an 11 sp xt and a garbaruk 12 sp - IF the overweight mongrel of an sram nx cassette on my levo sl ever wears out I'll be deciding which to fit , both will save the equivalent weight to going for carbon wheels and should make the bike more playfull. Or look pretty.

My giant motor developed a torque sensor issue just before warranty expired and they replaced the entire motor with the upgraded pwx2 , a MUCH nicer motor - less noise, higher cadence support. It was an insight into how rapidly the tech is developing.

re espresso machine, I have mixed feelings. The main boiler on my sunbeam em7100 died so I used the excuse to " upgrade" . But I made the mistake of ordering a replacement boiler to retire the sunbeam to our holiday home. Whilst the Lelit offers more control over extraction, I'm 3 weeks into using it and still haven't matched the standard I was expecting from the sunbeam. Plus I really miss the dual boilers....I'm quietly looking forward to a weekend at the beach house using the sunbeam......

The Rancilio Silvia pro x works great, built like a steam locomotive. had my silvia V4 for 8 years before this beauty. Off topic but fun eh? that sunbeam is quite nice. yeah the ebikes sure are evolving. I have no need for one however my spouses Giant ebike has only a thousand miles on it, I could not standby anymore watching it become obsolete, its mine now😁. was an impulse buy on her part. Love her more everyday😉

The Rancilio Silvia pro x works great, built like a steam locomotive. had my silvia V4 for 8 years before this beauty.

I'm kicking myself for not buying your machine - it ticked all the boxes but I talked myself into being ok with a single boiler . After having owned a double boiler, I should have known better!

In a few weeks, buyers regret will be replaced by owner pride - I'm getting close to reliable settings, have almost settled on my preferred extraction and frothing temperature...but I can't quite get the same volume and caramel after taste....I suspect the deeper basket in the sunbeam was more forgiving of a poor tamp.

PS - what could be more relevant to a fancy over engineered emtb derailleur discussion than a coffee derail?

my Rancilio silvia v4 single boiler was good enough for 8 years, much trial and error and a good grinder 😁

my Rancilio silvia v4 single boiler was good enough for 8 years, much trial and error and a good grinder 😁

yeah, but imagine going back to it now ...

I loved my full e pro at the time , but it just feels squishy after owning the levo sl. Just like I was perfectly happy with xt 11 sp shifters, but now I've ridden my sons reign advanced with gx eagle 12 sp....THAT would get expensive to run on an emtb ! Snick rather than click....

Back