2017 Surface 604 Rook Crank Bearing

Rideblue65

My wife has a Rook and she was complaining of a knocking sound when pedaling, I removed the crank out and confirmed the left bearing is knocking. I dont see where I can get these? The is no parts break down of the bike to order? Anybody else replaced these? Thanks

Hi Rideblue65!

We have bottom brackets we can send you. Otherwise, most bike shops would be able to determine the proper model for you.

I have been talking to Phil at Surface 604, I sent him pictures of what I need, The LEFT side Crank bearing (see attached image) is the bearing that is making the noise. I tried calling the local e bike shop in Oregon (Ashland area) and they sell Surface 604 bikes and they recommended I call Surface 604. I am not sure what you mean when you say "Bottom Bracket" Is that a complete crank set? Because most bearings have a serial number and are manufactured by a few company's (Timken, National etc) I am a 40 year auto technician so I understand the mechanical part of this, I am just trying to obtain the bearings if you can help. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 436
  • overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 455
Are you certain the bearing is actually bad? Sometimes knocking is caused by the cup merely being loose in the frame.

The bottom bracket is the bearings. What is in your bike is a threaded external cup bottom bracket. It looks like a GXP type based on the crank spindle, but I could be mistaken. You would have to measure the inside diameter of the opening; if it is 22mm, it is a GXP type. If it is 24mm, it is a Shimano type.

You cannot buy only the left side.

The cup was not loose, In Fact it is VERY tight. Turn the volume up, Here is a 7 second video I made of the noise. Turning it with my finger. I will measure the bearing tonight. Thanks again !

Back