2016 Crosscurrent vs New Crosscurrent Air

blooft

I am looking at a used 2016 Crosscurrent for $999
Comes with 12.8 Ah battery. (Yay!) I like that it has front suspension.

However I can get a NEW Crosscurrent Air for $1145 with 8.8 Ah battery (Boo!)

I would be mostly riding smooth dirt and gravel paths. (Canal paths)

Im wondering which one would be the smarter choice here?
Appreciate any input.

Last edited:
I am looking at a used 2016 Crosscurrent for $999
Comes with 12.8 Ah battery. (Yay!) I like that it has front suspension.

However I can get a NEW Crosscurrent Air for $1145 with 8.8 Ah battery (Boo!)

I would be mostly riding smooth dirt and gravel paths. (Canal paths)

Im wondering which one would be the smarter choice here?
Appreciate any input.

That older battery now has the same capacity as that new bike, and the motor has years of wear and tear.

The new Air gets you to 20 amps of power versus ~13 amps on the Cross Current. I’d probably get the Air and add the torque sensor (+$200) but then you’re only $250 away from a new Cross Current S. I have an original Cross Current and with a new 12.8Ah battery for $999 that’s a pretty good deal. I wouldn’t personally want to own an e-bike without a torque sensor so that would rule out the basic Air in my case.

Do you know your cycling inseam? It’s different than your pant inseam. If your inseam is <32” the medium will work just fine. You just might need a longer stem to make it fit. The Cross Current fits on the big side IMO and if you ever get a suspension seat post you’ll probably wish you went with the medium frame.

The new Air gets you to 20 amps of power versus ~13 amps on the Cross Current. I’d probably get the Air and add the torque sensor (+$200) but then you’re only $250 away from a new Cross Current S. I have an original Cross Current and with a new 12.8Ah battery for $999 that’s a pretty good deal. I wouldn’t personally want to own an e-bike without a torque sensor so that would rule out the basic Air in my case.

Do you know your cycling inseam? It’s different than your pant inseam. If your inseam is <32” the medium will work just fine. You just might need a longer stem to make it fit.
Thanks for the input.
Does the original Crosscurrent have torque sensor?

Does the original Crosscurrent have torque sensor?

Yes, as long as it’s the basic Cross Current and not the original Cross Current Air. If it has hydraulic Tektro Dorado disc brakes it will have the torque sensor.

Back