2015 Stromer ST2 real world battery range

Bobstoltz

Hi I'm receiving my 2015 Stromer ST2 next week. I was interesting in getting real world numbers on how far you can go on one battery charge (48V 17amp) primarily using level one (eco) . Has anyone been able to do a century?

Depends entirely on your input, terrain and speed.
If I am cruising at 22mph avg, then I get 55- 60 miles.

One time I was able to ride entirely on ECO ( assist level 1) and did get 84 miles but the terrain was relatively flat.

Thanks Ravi. I live in NE florida so the terrain is flat. I was hoping to do 100 miles. Did you deplete the entire battery on your 84 miles?

Thanks Ravi. I live in NE florida so the terrain is flat. I was hoping to do 100 miles. Did you deplete the entire battery on your 84 miles?

Well I have been able to drain the battery to 2%.
If you're not pushing it hard, I am certain you can get 100 miles out of the battery.
@KenM. lives in Florida and rides a GenZe bike with ~360Whr battery and routinely gets 40 miles. If you average 14-15 mph and taking it easy on a warm, sunny day, it is very much possible. Tire PSI also makes a big difference. Big Bens offer you comfort if you run them at 35 PSI but that doesn't help the range.

Well I have been able to drain the battery to 2%.
If you're not pushing it hard, I am certain you can get 100 miles out of the battery.
@KenM. lives in Florida and rides a GenZe bike with ~360Whr battery and routinely gets 40 miles. If you average 14-15 mph and taking it easy on a warm, sunny day, it is very much possible. Tire PSI also makes a big difference. Big Bens offer you comfort if you run them at 35 PSI but that doesn't help the range.

I presently have a Pedego Inceptor 48V 10amp. Averaging 12.9 mph I was able to do 69 miles at last year MS 150. Can you us higher PSI in the Big Bens

I presently have a Pedego Inceptor 48V 10amp. Averaging 12.9 mph I was able to do 69 miles at last year MS 150. Can you us higher PSI in the Big Bens

Sure. You can go upto 55 PSI.
PS: Compared to Pedego Interceptor, ST2 is going to be a VERY different geometry bike.

See if you need a riser handlebar and a suspension seatpost.

Ravi .... thank you for your input. I did ride the ST1 in Dallas several weeks ago. Yes it very different, but I felt very comfortable on it. The Pedego is a very good and comfortable bike. Now looking forward to the ST2

Bob, which - if any - LBS have you frequented in NE Florida? I'm in Jax and hope to be visiting Deland Cyclery next week...but mostly, I've found LBS here might advertise ebikes (to snag the occasional sale) but don't stock them. And congrats on your ST2!

Bob, which - if any - LBS have you frequented in NE Florida? I'm in Jax and hope to be visiting Deland Cyclery next week...but mostly, I've found LBS here might advertise ebikes (to snag the occasional sale) but
don't stock them. And congrats on your ST2!

Jack ... I bought my Pedego Inceptor from Island Life in St Augustine. Dave and Lisa are the owners and are very very nice.
I have my Stromer being shipped to Island Life to assemble and fine tune. Hoping after they see the Stromer they will become a dealer. Do you have a ebike now.

Bob

Thanks for that, Bob. "No" on currently owning an ebike. We'll be moving to Bozeman MT in two weeks so I've been beefing up my understanding of ebikes and their relative characteristics here, in prep for a purchase "there" (which most likely will mean on-line). Not much real ebike presence in the state yet, if the Web is any indication.

Ravi .... can you suggest a riser

Congrats to your 310 mile ride ... love it ... well done
bob

Thanks, Bob.
A riser handlebar would help. You could change the stem as well but it might involve re-wiring the brake cables and it's just a lot of hassle.
Unlike ST2, the new ST1-T ot ST1-S use a riser handlebar. I suggest you speak with your shop and swap the handlebar.

It should look like this, notice that 1.5" rise on that handlebar:

st1tfront.jpg

Hi I'm receiving my 2015 Stromer ST2 next week. I was interesting in getting real world numbers on how far you can go on one battery charge (48V 17amp) primarily using level one (eco) . Has anyone been able to do a century?

Keep in mind that it will also depend very heavily (no pun intended) on the rider's weight. If you're a wiry, 150lb rider, you're going to go a lot farther on a charge than someone clocking in at 250lbs.

I just got my ST2, yay! I've been really curious about battery range, as my daily commute will be around 70km round-trip, which should theoretically be doable on one charge (though I'm prepared for recharging at work).

Today I did my first ride and did 56km overall with 12% left in the battery. That's mostly using level 3 assist with quite a bit of 44km/hr cruising along with some slow parts in town. So my real world range with a mixture of full speed and some slower segments, and without making any effort to conserve power, is probably around 50 to 70km.

I'm going to fiddle with the level 2 settings to see if I can get it set up so it still feels fast and fun like level 3 but uses a little less power.

I have a large database approx. 3000km from all individual trips I did with ST2 2015.

Average speed 34 km/h
Average setting 2 (some 3)
Average mileage with 1 charge 57,4 km max ever 72,4km

Mainly daily single trip 14,4km (Day = 29km)

Yesterday was 2 batteries, 81 miles 17.3 avg, total of 17 % left , all pavement, some rolling hills

Back