2014 Turbo S - Still a good bike?

John E

Hi all,

Had my 2014 Turbo s for a few years and not really kept up with the progress of newer electric bikes.

Just wondering if my bike is still "relevant" and up to date with technology.

With exception of a few annoyances (Weight, harsh ride, replacement battery price, spares availability) its been a fantastic bike for me, puts a grin on my face and still turns heads.

Has technology come on a long way in the last 6 years?

Cheers,

John

Technology has come a long way, but that doesn't mean your bike still isn't good. I think you should ask yourself, does the bike perform as you need? If so, then it's still a good bike.

Yes, it does - I love the bike.

Its good in my eyes - It was rumoured to be the best/most advanced bike at the time when i bought it.

I just wondered if there were any major technical advances in the 6 years since i bought mine - Any game changers if you will

Yes, it does - I love the bike.

Its good in my eyes - It was rumoured to be the best/most advanced bike at the time when i bought it.

I just wondered if there were any major technical advances in the 6 years since i bought mine - Any game changers if you will
Most new ebikes now have autonomous riding and parking.

Just kidding.😁

Yes! And what happened to those flying cars that coming 'soon'?

Hi all,

Had my 2014 Turbo s for a few years and not really kept up with the progress of newer electric bikes.

Just wondering if my bike is still "relevant" and up to date with technology.

With exception of a few annoyances (Weight, harsh ride, replacement battery price, spares availability) its been a fantastic bike for me, puts a grin on my face and still turns heads.

Has technology come on a long way in the last 6 years?

Cheers,

John
The specs on this bad boy look good. If you're happy, ride on! Or do what a number of us are doing, buy another bike and help the economy...😎

Mine is an S from 2016 and has close to 30,000kms. The motor got a bit of an upgrade since 2014 but it's not a massive change. It is arguably still one of the best bikes on the road, and I've ridden lots. I added suspension forks which was a major upgrade, because if there is one criticism of those bikes it is their harshness over bumps.

Back