1st time here

twodogs

Region
USA
hi, just bought a Fucare libra for me and my wife. i was impressed with reviews and the specs. but i didnt pay attention to the weight. they are heavy. anyone else got these? i did see some negative comments on here about them. i bought a bike rack for them rated 200lbs cause they so heavy. i got it and spent couple hrs to assemble and figure out how to put bikes on it and then find out the 200 lbs was derated down to 120 on a motorhome from a car or a truck or minivan. so, i sent it back. and, looking for a good rack for 2 Fucare Libras at 81 1/2 lbs each for a motorhome. anyone using one and have comments? please tell me

hi, just bought a Fucare libra for me and my wife. i was impressed with reviews and the specs. but i didnt pay attention to the weight. they are heavy. anyone else got these? i did see some negative comments on here about them. i bought a bike rack for them rated 200lbs cause they so heavy. i got it and spent couple hrs to assemble and figure out how to put bikes on it and then find out the 200 lbs was derated down to 120 on a motorhome from a car or a truck or minivan. so, i sent it back. and, looking for a good rack for 2 Fucare Libras at 81 1/2 lbs each for a motorhome. anyone using one and have comments? please tell me
I wonder why the derating occured, was it because of attachment to motor home or having to lift the bikes so high? I have a 200# rack( sorry at this date I do not know the model) I would trust it even on a motorhome it is constructed of heavy components,I had a 80+ pound bike once I never tried to haul it on a rack,I did notice that some of the racks seemed to have an optimistic rating( please forgive Me for straying) You can reduce the weight of your bikes by removing the batteries and poping the seats off( less tempting for thieves that way) that should bring the weight down closer to 70+pounds. I am wondering how your former rack attached, did it go in a class 3 hitch? One thing I would have tried would be to take it to a competent machinist and got their opinion of the capacity of the unit, sorry I couldnt be of more help-Kevin

Checked thhe Fucare out- that 20 ah battery is heavy, would recommend rempving it before loading anyway, BTW these bikes look very nice at that price point, can understand the purchase.

yeah. 9 lbs battery i think. yes, that would ease loading some. i may have to take them out to haul on bike rack?? unless i find one that is positively rated for at least 170 on a motorhome. and yes, all the bling sucked me in to a purchase, lol

I bought an original Lectric XP during Covid lockdown and it was a fine entry level ebike. It still runs great even though my son has modified it and converted it to a full suspension BMX ebike. I think the Lectric was 63 lbs if I remember correctly and I thought that was heavy. I will say I thought the folding feature on the Lectric was over rated-pain in the arse to fold and unfold and attempt to lift and carry. At the price point you paid, you could get step thrus from Ride 1 up, Aventon or Espin that would be considerably lighter than your Fucares. I bought the 1 Up rack that carries 2 bikes and was more than pleased.

I wonder why the derating occured, was it because of attachment to motor home or having to lift the bikes so high? I have a 200# rack( sorry at this date I do not know the model) I would trust it even on a motorhome it is constructed of heavy components,I had a 80+ pound bike once I never tried to haul it on a rack,I did notice that some of the racks seemed to have an optimistic rating( please forgive Me for straying) You can reduce the weight of your bikes by removing the batteries and poping the seats off( less tempting for thieves that way) that should bring the weight down closer to 70+pounds. I am wondering how your former rack attached, did it go in a class 3 hitch? One thing I would have tried would be to take it to a competent machinist and got their opinion of the capacity of the unit, sorry I couldnt be of more help-Kevin
thanks for the reply, i think is because the motorhomes dont really have any spring to the ass end. they hit bumps hard and thats why they derate them. i emailed the people who made the rack and they said because the motorhomes are longer?? that didnt make sense to me. but either way if you go lok at racks thyey all say car, truck, mini van and some are specific in saying no morothome. i did find a couple that said 200 lbs for motorhome but leary as to them properly holding the fucare, step through. not alot of spots for the piece in the middle to attach. so, thats why i p[osted on here, hoping someone will tell me or even have pic of a good unit that works on motorhome. im leary now, one, bikes or racks aint cheap and cause a wreck if the rack breaks and drops 2 bikes on the highway. not good. the 2 racks i found are pricey but worth it to be safe.

I bought an original Lectric XP during Covid lockdown and it was a fine entry level ebike. It still runs great even though my son has modified it and converted it to a full suspension BMX ebike. I think the Lectric was 63 lbs if I remember correctly and I thought that was heavy. I will say I thought the folding feature on the Lectric was over rated-pain in the arse to fold and unfold and attempt to lift and carry. At the price point you paid, you could get step thrus from Ride 1 up, Aventon or Espin that would be considerably lighter than your Fucares. I bought the 1 Up rack that carries 2 bikes and was more than pleased.

ythanks for the reply, i thought about buying one of them lectric, cheaper. but i didnt want a fold and wanted a 750. think i made the wrong choice but gotta deal with it now. htey run great, no complaints there

i just looked at the 1 up racks, look nice and they got ones that hold 3 bikes. wow i think im looking at different styles that i dont have to pick the whole bike up and set in rack. 81 lb bike working on my back. unless i pull the batterys out, 9 lbs each

Back