1500 Mile Update

Just passed the 1500 mile mark on my Allant 7+ S Stagger. Had the three month service done last week including the software update. Outside of having challenges with flats (not the bike's fault) I have been very happy with the bike so far. After trying Tannus Armour inserts (didn't work for me, still had flats) I ended up buying new tires (Shwalbe Super Moto-X), put in thorn resistant tubes with slime and haven't had a flat in about three weeks. I have added a Kinekt 2.1 Seat post which really smooths out the ride. Picture below was a 30 mile ride up into the San Tan foothills in Arizona.
fullsizeoutput_2089.jpeg

Just passed the 1500 mile mark on my Allant 7+ S Stagger. Had the three month service done last week including the software update. Outside of having challenges with flats (not the bike's fault) I have been very happy with the bike so far. After trying Tannus Armour inserts (didn't work for me, still had flats) I ended up buying new tires (Shwalbe Super Moto-X), put in thorn resistant tubes with slime and haven't had a flat in about three weeks. I have added a Kinekt 2.1 Seat post which really smooths out the ride. Picture below was a 30 mile ride up into the San Tan foothills in Arizona
Did you look into Schwalbe DD race guard hurricane tires? I have them on and their great for light off-road duty ( level 6 puncture protection ) and whisper quiet on the road. Recommended PSI range on the sidewalls listed at 23-50. I run them at 30psi and air down to 23psi on dirt/gravel paths. Their a bargain at 40$ per tire imo.

Hi there! I ride a sz small Allant+7 lowstep. The rack I got was a Yakima onramp from e-trailers. I wanted a rack with a ramp and that folded close up to my vehicle because my garage is short. Those are pluses.
The caveats with this rack is that it seems to have been set up for narrower tires (the Allant has 2.25) and the tire 'cups' (holders) should've been further apart. Same for the ramp which really has enabled me to get this up on the rack more easily. Used a small section of thick walled PVC pipe in vise to stretch out the sides to accommodate my wider tires. I'm only mentioning all this in case someone else is looking. Others have used a hollywood rack, Kuat? and a Swagman. The ramp on the Thule was really short. Just make sure it's rated for your bike's weight.

Back