15 month CCS report: silent running, no issues at all

Are you using your ebike to gain great benefit for your health?

• I try not to crash

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I pedal for health

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Reid

Am very happy with the CCS I got some 15 months ago.

Have not made any additional mods to the bike for many months now.

It is fully perfected for my needs.

Added only a motion sensitive alarm a couple of months ago, in adjunct to a ring lock.

For my area, the ring lock and motion alarm are sufficient security for parking at the grocery store, etc.

Am riding only about 150 miles per month lately.

In the past 15 months, however, I was encouraged by this bike to exercise and diet.

Have methodically shed 28 pounds in the past year and am now at my desired body weight of 145lb of thirty years ago and feel great and exercise and lift weights and eat less to stay lean.

BMI is now 21 and total cholesterol 125 and hdl is 59 and my b.p. averages 110/65 and I am almost as strong as when I was a young man of this same 145lb weight.

Am soon to turn 65 and thank the bike for transforming my health and for saving me thousands of dollars.

Also, am a lucky guy. The Juiced CCS survived the crash with nominally-repairable damage.

I can never sell it or transfer it to another owner, though, because a crashed bike frame is a totaled bike, even if it seems OK. It's not safe for any subsequent owner. I will destroy this bike when I am done with it.

March 1, 2018 local tv news report.

Last edited:
Here is the original, fairly high-definition crash video put to YouTube a day or two before the news outlets picked up the story to save lives.

It was made with one of those inexpensive Go-Pro type cameras.

I was going 23 mph and cars do not consider the existence of bicycles to their right side.

Yes, I should have avoided getting hooked by not passing on the right.

Link to the channel 7 report page
https://wsvn.com/news/local/bicyclist-hit-by-car-in-coconut-grove-has-message-for-motorists/

Last edited:
Back