Check out Courts Review of M1 Spitzing

Mike leroy

http://electricridereview.com

Motor GoSwiss Drive is used in many other bikes. The hub motor (M1 is mid-drive) quality is:
"Our rear wheel hub motors have proven themselves for years under the harshest conditions.For example, for delivery pedelec with an annual mileage of more than 100,000 kilometers. (60K miles).

Last edited:
That is one awesome mountain bike... Weighs less than my Stromer, full suspension, 2x powerful, 3x battery, and much much faster... Not sure where you could ride it.

I like the torque on the Spitzing. If the Spitzing is simply configured at the factory to cut-off at 20mph, even the 800W still qualifies as a Class1 bike, right? My understanding is I would not need to register the bike.

Over 750w ain't class one.

I gotta tell ya, we were testing all of them on the ramp next to the exhibit and I really didn't feel like this pulled noticeably better than a bosch/d-series/xion/st2/impulse 2 on the hills.

But then, I still think Easy Motions are some of the best hill climbers.

This would be fun:
http://www.m1-sporttechnik.de/en/bikes/erzberg/bikes.php?type=erzberg&antrieb=pedelec&farbe=1

I think California has a legal limit of 1Kw. I could be wrong.

For some reason, I was so mesmerized by this bike. Has shift sensor, super long range battery and top of the line suspension. Outstanding torque. But, Display, control panel were really cheap and it didn't exude that finesse. I conveyed this to the engineering team.

Test ride at motostrano as chandlee mentioned.

Help me breakdown the costs. Will the price likely fall in the next year? I doubt it.

1. Carbon is expensive. I have built my own custom carbon kiteboard. I doubt carbon and epoxy prices will drop anytime soon. If anything, increase with the cost of oil.
  2. 48V battery costs may fall within the next year, which represents a significant cost.
  3. The motor is totally high-end, super advanced. They probably will not reach Bosch-like volumes. Production costs will probably stay high.
  4. They are just starting in the USA. They will have big fixed expenses reaching the US market.

Well ive ridden the top of the line Felt F4? full carbon mountain bike, remote adjust seat, remote front suspension. top rear shock, full SRAM Red.. 25 lbs.. Actually was able to ride it as fast as my single speed.. Price was $5ooo i think.

Now the Felt is nice but its just a production bike. The M1 Spitzing is a low volume hi torque custom race bike.. lots of power and battery and doesn't weigh too much... Just kind of wish it was 10 lbs lighter.

You pay for this kind of hi end custom bike.. Something that the bomber never did for me.

If the only difference is the software, it's only a matter of time before the street legal models get hacked and a bypass is developed. 10k is still 10k. Would rather spend it else ware.

What they should do is offer a D.O.T. version.. head and brake lights license plate holder.. Then it could be registered and insured.. just like a Enduro MC or Moped... Then have some real fun on or off road.

Now if those Germans would just listen to me! lol

You might want to check out "Clear Mobile", which filed for bankruptcy. The technology was acquired by GoSwiss, a well-established company.

The battery comes from BMZ with a 10 year warranty. Charges 25x faster than other Li-ion batteries. Delivers highest power of all Li-ion batteries, but trade-off is less dense. Used by Mercedes.

The web page 70% lighter, but no reference point.

The new developed Lithium Powerbloc can be used in different applications.
Thanks to state-of-the-art of lithium iron phosphate (LFP) technology, the highly safe Lithium Powerbloc battery is ideally suited for use in powerful sports vehicles with 2- or 4-cylinder motors up to 1500 cc capacity.

Due to the high performance the Lithium POwerbloc will be fully charged within 45 minutes.

As a rule, 15 minutes is all you need to approach 90% of rated capacity using a 20 A charging current -just a fraction of up to the 14 hours which the usual type of lead batteries normally require.

In view of the absence of any memory effects with lithium batteries and regular, balanced discharging/charging of all cells, the Powerbloc models designed for a -30 to + 850C operating temperature range provide absolutely dependable starter services for up to 10 years. Particularly in micro and mild hybrids, the Powerblocs also ensure an excellent start/stop performance even in winter.

If not needed for a lengthy period, the extremely low self-discharge of a max. 1% to 2% per month also enables the Powerbloc batteries to be stored to the exclusion of any quality losses for a number of years at temperatures between -40 and +100 0C.

Last edited:
pitzing wins prestigious test
M1’s carbon fiber e-bike Spitzing is the winner in the prestigious EnergyExtra test in the category "Sports - Road". The winning bike in a race-pedelec version (R-pedelec) left 25 competitors for this prestigious award behind. Hannes Neupert, founder of ExtraEnergy, praised in his speech at the awards ceremony in Essen M1’s for bik brave venture into new material and design categories. "I am very grateful that M1 Sporttechnik not only opened up a new category of e-bikes, but also found new frame shapes and also found new solutions with the engine concept."
Also an outstanding success for the Spitzing Pedelec: the 25-km/h-version got a „very good“ by the test editors of ExtraEnergy.
Find more on Facebook: M1-Sporttechnik

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Guarantee / Warranty

1. Manufacturer’s warranty by M1 Sporttechnik GmbH & Co. KG

a) 10 years M1 Sporttechnik warranty for the frame

M1 Sporttechnik guarantees the frame’s craftsmanship and materials confirmed and labeled with the M1-Logo for 10 years.
This warranty applies for private used M1-products only.
The warranty is subject to registration in the "Service" segment on www.m1-sporttechnik.deimmediately after receiving the product and annual service provided by a licensed professional shop, which must be verified in the service protocol located on the back-page of the supplied bicycle manual.
M1 Sporttechnik will replace or repair the defective component with products and/or subsequent products of their choice with an equal or comparable value; repair work is also authorized. The warranty does not include add-on components, e.g. guard plates, kick stands, etc. and supplemental costs such as restoration- and/or freight charges. The statutory warranty applies to wear- and tear parts and safety relevant components, such as handlebars and other items listed individually in the supplied bicycle manual.
After the 5th up to the 10th year subsequent to registration, we will assess a user-deductible in the amount of 50% of the current sales price for the replacement part, and/or repair work; in turn, the customer will receive state-of-the-art technology

b) Components from other brand name manufacturers are not covered by the M1 Sporttechnik warranty

The statutory warranty applies to components by other brand name manufacturers, such as Shimano, Sram, Magura, Mavic. Some manufacturers also offer an extended manufacturer warranty.
In the event the bike was not purchased from M1 Sporttechnik, the warranty is processed exclusively by the seller.

c) The M1 Sporttechnik warranty expires and/or is invalid,

• in the event regular servicing by a professional bike shop cannot be verified;
  • in the event of improper use and or improper assembly due to not following the instructions outlined in the original operation manual and bicycle manual, including all care- and maintenance instructions,
  • in the event of (pre-) existing damages, due to a fall, accident or transport damages;
  • for defects resulting from not reporting initially incurred defects to M1 Sporttechnik or initiating an inspection at a professional bike shop. The professional bike shop is obligated to decide the on further process and possibly prohibit the bike’s or components operation for safety reasons;
  • in the event of circumstances beyond control and/or events outside the M1 Sporttechnik’s scope of responsibility;
  • in the event the specifications of the bike have been altered beyond the supplied parts list (your configuration order), e.g. subsequent installment of components not authorized by M1 Sporttechnik;
  • for wear- and tear parts, such as chain, sprockets, brake pads, brake discs, tires, tubes, brake- and gear cables, including covers, bulbs, batteries etc.;
  • change of ownership;
  • for competitive use.

2. Accident replacement (Crash Replacement)

M1 Sporttechnik also accommodates your products in the event of damage claims outside of the M1 Sporttechnik warranty, e.g. due to accidents or improper operation. We offer cost-friendly replacement prices for all M1-products. In these cases, M1 Sporttechnik will grant each registered customer a 10 year crash replacement discount for 50 % of the current sales price if the defective component is sent to M1 and accompanied by a descr"+"iption of the damage occurrence.

• Contact
  • Imprint
  • AGB

Does anybody knows if there is any difference in driving-experience other than the topspeed between the S-version (45km/h) and the R-version (75km/h).
I could only test-drive the R-version.
Is the min and max gear-ratio equal between the shimano-system and the Nuvinci-system?
You have to use the gears alot when starting from 0 with the Spitzing. This is not the case with a Stromer ST2. The Stromer is poweful even in mode 1 and in high gear so you don't have to switch gears. Once you are at speed, the power of both bikes are comparable.
The Spitzing drives i.m.o. better than the Stromer.

Does anybody knows if there is any difference in driving-experience other than the topspeed between the S-version (45km/h) and the R-version (75km/h).
I could only test-drive the R-version.
Is the min and max gear-ratio equal between the shimano-system and the Nuvinci-system?
You have to use the gears alot when starting from 0 with the Spitzing. This is not the case with a Stromer ST2. The Stromer is poweful even in mode 1 and in high gear so you don't have to switch gears. Once you are at speed, the power of both bikes are comparable.
The Spitzing drives i.m.o. better than the Stromer.

R-spitzing doesn't come with Nuvinci, only XT derailleur.
N360 is not rated for 800w of nominal power. I have ridden the bike and it has plenty of power to take off smoothly.

I'm aware that only the S-version has the Nuvinci option.
I tested the ST2 and the Spitzing R-version.
Fast take off with the Spitzing is only possible when you go through the gears. You can leave the ST2 in high gear to take off. The motor gives power enough to perform a fast take off.
I like the Nuvinci system. You can switch gears even if you're not moving.
I asked about the gear ratio because I've test-driven the Grace MX with a Bosch 45km/h and the Nuvinci with the Gates belt. At high speed the pedal frequency in highest gear was ways to high. Pedalling like this was not a pleasant experience.
I want to buy the Spitzing S-version with the Nuvinci-system but I want to know first if the gear ratio of the Nuvinci and the derailleur are comparable. I've sent an email with these questions to M1 a week ago. Till now no answer.

Back