Lapierre Bikes

motostrano

Just posting up here that our store in Redwood City currently has 3 Lapierre bikes in stock, one for testing short and long term. We have the small size FS model on the floor for testing and and larger frames for purchase. Near our store is great testing zone for our off-road machines and we can roam around for a hour out there and flog any of our e-bikes in order to help you get the right one.

Then, once back at the fort, we can dial the machine in to fit your needs, geometry and speed requirements. We have a collection of dongles to make the necessary adjustments.

The Lapierre know their down-hill and this e-bike is made for that and up hill now too. Great stuff.

Joe
motostrano.com

Just posting up here that our store in Redwood City currently has 3 Lapierre bikes in stock, one for testing short and long term. We have the small size FS model on the floor for testing and and larger frames for purchase. Near our store is great testing zone for our off-road machines and we can roam around for a hour out there and flog any of our e-bikes in order to help you get the right one.

Then, once back at the fort, we can dial the machine in to fit your needs, geometry and speed requirements. We have a collection of dongles to make the necessary adjustments.

The Lapierre know their down-hill and this e-bike is made for that and up hill now too. Great stuff.

Joe
motostrano.com
Thanks for the heads up Joe, I haven't seen Lapierre electric bikes at too many shops yet so it's great to know that you carry them and are welcoming people to come in and test ride. What do you think of these bikes compared to Haibike so far? Maybe the XDURO RX 29" vs. the Overvolt 900 and the FS 27.5" vs. the 900 FS?

So far, for our demo model, we have only the FS model for Lapierre and it's a small size frame so I haven't spent much quality time on it yet to give much feedback on that regard. I'm 6 foot, so until we get a larger frame I won't have a real comparison from the Haibikes, which I've spent a lot of time on.

From what I get so far, the Lapierre shows its strength as a downhill machine, less than the Xduro and as such it's suspension and frame geometry really softens the harder stuff on a trail .

The rear triangle of the bike is beautiful and looks wonderfully engineered.

Joe

So far, for our demo model, we have only the FS model for Lapierre and it's a small size frame so I haven't spent much quality time on it yet to give much feedback on that regard. I'm 6 foot, so until we get a larger frame I won't have a real comparison from the Haibikes, which I've spent a lot of time on.

From what I get so far, the Lapierre shows its strength as a downhill machine, less than the Xduro and as such it's suspension and frame geometry really softens the harder stuff on a trail .

The rear triangle of the bike is beautiful and looks wonderfully engineered.

Joe

Joe, I do believe the FS is the best looking e-bike going right now! I do very much like Haibikes but someone whipped up on those Lapierre bikes with a pretty-stick! I will be keeping a close eye on these two brands for my next ebike. With the miles I tend to put on a bike, my next one may be sooner than my pocketbook would like.

What I like about the Lapierre Overvolt FS is the gull arm swing arm set up. Not only does it look smart, it is to me the best solution to achieve a clear chain run. Someone actually thought about that one when it was designed.

It would have been on my list of bikes to buy, but over here in the UK, the price is so way overinflated, that it's not even worth considering. It's approx 900usd more than the KTM, which is quite ridiculous.

Last edited:
Interesting! Lapierre's standard practice is to employ totally unique and fairly cutting edge design on their bikes to stand out and solve specific problems. Here they are similarly priced as the Haibike and slightly less than the Felt. On par.

So what do you ride Eddie?

It has to be said that really rate Lappierre bikes. :)

Bike wise I own this KTM Macina e-Lycan GPS http://electricbikereview.com/commu...-your-electric-bicycle.1113/page-2#post-13055 I'm in the process of getting rid of the gps/nyon side of it though. The cost saving over both the Lapierre and equivalent spec Haibikes, was too great to pass by. :)
I also have a KTM erace P 27.5 on order as well. This will be the kind of pleasure light off road/commute bike, whilst the KTM will remain the main off road only bike.

Last edited:
It has to be said that really rate Lappierre bikes. :)

Bike wise I own this KTM Macina e-Lycan GPS http://electricbikereview.com/commu...-your-electric-bicycle.1113/page-2#post-13055 I'm in the process of getting rid of the gps/nyon side of it though. The cost saving over both the Lapierre and equivalent spec Haibikes, was too great to pass by. :)
I also have a KTM erace P 27.5 on order as well. This will be the kind of pleasure light off road/commute bike, whilst the KTM will remain the main off road only bike.

I like that rear fender. Is that a stock KTM piece? Hows the bike compare?

Back