$10,000.00?

Petaluma of course,...
You can find him on Google maps.
@mfgrep, I make electric bikes that are nicer than the ones from stores and do not look electric. I am in coastal northern California. This is how we do a BLT. It has guacamole and the local brae is melted into the free range bacon. If the brae is queso that makes it an LGBTQ sandwich snack!
1714177990878.jpeg
1714178065587.jpeg

1714179143073.jpeg

The pot of Moule Frites is nice after a ride. It is done in white wine, butter, steamed with fennel and parsley with onion. The nectar is to die for, you dip the toast in it. Then slurp the juice up not too rudely by pouring it into a cup. Shells go into the lid to the left. That is how to get muscles.
1714184050804.jpeg

The pot of Moule Frites is nice after a ride. It is done in white wine, butter, steamed with fennel and parsley with onion. The nectar is to die for, you dip the toast in it. Then slurp the juice up not too rudely by pouring it into a cup. Shells go into the lid to the left. That is how to get muscles.
View attachment 174788
You had me at “pot”. Yum yum

In Boston lobster was abundant.
"Lobster was literally low-class food, eaten only by the poor and
institutionalized. Even in the harsh penal environment of early
America, some colonies had laws against feeding lobsters to
inmates more than once a week because it was thought to be
cruel and unusual, like making people eat rats." — "Consider the
Lobster" by David Foster Wallace

1714187170974.jpeg

Attachments

• SonomaMtn.3.JPG
    SonomaMtn.3.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a premium $5k ebike from PedalUma. I don't care where components are source from .
Bafang m620 has been a very reliable motor.
I have a Bulls Evo 45 am. It's out of warranty. It's running on its 3rd Brose motor replacement. Would like to Frankenstein it with a Bafang M620 Canbus 52v motor and 52v battery.

Attachments

• 20220918_081438.jpg
    20220918_081438.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220918_083542.jpg
    20220918_083542.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 25
Just as a PSA, some pet peeves about inexpensive e-bikes that I really do look down upon:
  1. Inadequate brakes. E-bikes are heavier. E-bikes usually have heavier operators. E-bikes go faster. Logically e-bikes need better brakes than the typical bicycle. The vast majority of low-end e-bikes have seriously inadequate brakes. And a lot of the better brands that should know better also cut corners here. At least make sure you can upgrade the brakes and brake rotors, and consider doing so on your new e-bike. Also, there are cheesy and awful hydraulic disc brakes out there now too so just having hydraulic disc brakes doesn't mean you are okay.
  2. Cheap wheel builds. In normal operation, a well-built wheel should last many years and with minimal maintenance should suffer broken spokes only at extremely rare times. It isn't normal to have a wheel that is frequently breaking spokes and that points to a defective wheel build. You can't really fix a defective wheel. The good news is that basic, high-quality, handbuilt wheels are fairly inexpensive.
  3. While not as immediately catastrophic as #1 and #2, there are a seemingly infinite number of cheesy shortcuts that bike manufacturers take with headsets or bottom brackets. The net effect of those cheesy shortcuts is that when the parts wear out you'll probably be better off replacing the bike than replacing the parts.
Don't even get me started on why so few e-bikes come with thru axles.

Keep in mind that whatever money you save on your e-bike, if that e-bike is making significant compromises with the brakes and wheel build you might well be paying quite a bit more than that on medical bills.

A related pet peeve of mine is that so many e-bike reviewers make positive comments about basic safety features like lights and reflectors and do not call out inadequate brakes and wheel builds.

Just as a PSA, some pet peeves about inexpensive e-bikes that I really do look down upon:
  1. Inadequate brakes. E-bikes are heavier. E-bikes usually have heavier operators. E-bikes go faster. Logically e-bikes need better brakes than the typical bicycle. The vast majority of low-end e-bikes have seriously inadequate brakes. And a lot of the better brands that should know better also cut corners here. At least make sure you can upgrade the brakes and brake rotors, and consider doing so on your new e-bike. Also, there are cheesy and awful hydraulic disc brakes out there now too so just having hydraulic disc brakes doesn't mean you are okay.
  2. Cheap wheel builds. In normal operation, a well-built wheel should last many years and with minimal maintenance should suffer broken spokes only at extremely rare times. It isn't normal to have a wheel that is frequently breaking spokes and that points to a defective wheel build. You can't really fix a defective wheel. The good news is that basic, high-quality, handbuilt wheels are fairly inexpensive.
  3. While not as immediately catastrophic as #1 and #2, there are a seemingly infinite number of cheesy shortcuts that bike manufacturers take with headsets or bottom brackets. The net effect of those cheesy shortcuts is that when the parts wear out you'll probably be better off replacing the bike than replacing the parts.
Don't even get me started on why so few e-bikes come with thru axles.

Keep in mind that whatever money you save on your e-bike, if that e-bike is making significant compromises with the brakes and wheel build you might well be paying quite a bit more than that on medical bills.

A related pet peeve of mine is that so many e-bike reviewers make positive comments about basic safety features like lights and reflectors and do not call out inadequate brakes and wheel builds.
Even with some of the better brands the component quality should be a lot better. Granted, they don't cheap out on safety. The R&M Load 75 has a $200 suspension fork. An $11-15k cargo bike. $11,000-15,000 USD… and a $200 suspension fork!

A lot of those "reviewers" aren't independent, instead dependent on manufacturer bikes to create their revenue. Just like the auto industry journalists.

I wouldn't mind seeing a premium $5k ebike from PedalUma. I don't care where components are source from .
Bafang m620 has been a very reliable motor.
I have a Bulls Evo 45 am. It's out of warranty. It's running on its 3rd Brose motor replacement. Would like to Frankenstein it with a Bafang M620 Canbus 52v motor and 52v battery.

I would, too! You may have seen this photo in another thread, but this is Mercury, an approximately 3K experimental Pedaluma build-- (including tax and everything else, e.g. riser, bars, and ergo grips, heavy duty chain, TSDZ2B motor and install, aftermarket pedals, etc.) Most of the cost was the acoustic bike.

42 lbs, tops out at about 26 MPH on flat terrain (at least for me), over 35 mile range with lots of hills, though I'm working pretty hard as the battery gets down to 1 or 2 bars. 1st gear does not work (yet) due to chainline issues (can't wait till I burn up this cassette and chain and replace the drive train with 9 speeds instead of 12), second gear works only with careful pedaling, and also a 29er, so not ideal for hills over 15%. Also a hardtail, so not ideal for gnarlier rock gardens and big drops. Still a fantastic all-rounder for day rides in the Hollywood Hills, on road and off, and combat street driving around east Hollywood, particularly when I play to its strengths-- gear down a bit more than I would with a Shimano Steps system, and power up.

Marin Right Right Angle - small.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention, that green hill above with the rancher is where our local burgers come from. You can eat your burger while seeing Sonoma Mountain and the little black dots on it are the cattle. It is also a fun place to ride. The guy in that photo is my friend Byron, who is a great public speaker. That hill is his workplace.

I would, too! You may have seen this photo in another thread, but this is Mercury, an approximately 3K experimental Pedaluma build-- (including tax and everything else, e.g. riser, bars, and ergo grips, heavy duty chain, TSDZ2B motor and install, aftermarket pedals, etc.) Most of the cost was the acoustic bike.

42 lbs, tops out at about 26 MPH on flat terrain (at least for me), over 35 mile range with lots of hills, though I'm working pretty hard as the battery gets down to 1 or 2 bars. 1st gear does not work (yet) due to chainline issues (can't wait till I burn up this cassette and chain and replace the drive train with 9 speeds instead of 12), second gear works only with careful pedaling, and also a 29er, so not ideal for hills over 15%. Also a hardtail, so not ideal for gnarlier rock gardens and big drops. Still a fantastic all-rounder for day rides in the Hollywood Hills, on road and off, and combat street driving around east Hollywood, particularly when I play to its strengths-- gear down a bit more than I would with a Shimano Steps system, and power up.

View attachment 174816
That's a great looking bike. What are those pedals?

Sheesh you got
Oh, I forgot to mention, that green hill above with the rancher is where our local burgers come from. You can eat your burger while seeing Sonoma Mountain and the little black dots on it are the cattle. It is also a fun place to ride. The guy in that photo is my friend Byron, who is a great public speaker. That hill is his workplace.
Me I zoom in on the picture.
No freaking beef or even a sign of cows for milk.

Even with some of the better brands the component quality should be a lot better. Granted, they don't cheap out on safety. The R&M Load 75 has a $200 suspension fork. An $11-15k cargo bike. $11,000-15,000 USD… and a $200 suspension fork!

A lot of those "reviewers" aren't independent, instead dependent on manufacturer bikes to create their revenue. Just like the auto industry journalists.
What is wrong with $200 fork on this particular model? It is cargo bike, so travel can't be big, also it has small front wheel. What kind of "better" fork you suggest them to place there? I doubt RockShox or Fox even making something, what can fit this bike. This is not a mountain bike - what they put there is absolutely descent. Their non-cargo bike has better options out of the box and even better in extra package for more offroad rides.

What is wrong with $200 fork on this particular model? It is cargo bike, so travel can't be big, also it has small front wheel. What kind of "better" fork you suggest them to place there? I doubt RockShox or Fox even making something, what can fit this bike. This is not a mountain bike - what they put there is absolutely descent. Their non-cargo bike has better options out of the box and even better in extra package for more offroad rides.
There are not a lot of options for those 20” wheels. I’ve read that many owners upgraded both shocks along with new wheels for better comfort. Also many reports of it breaking down after a relatively short period of time.

This review is pretty in depth on the suspension: https://w1.c-lab.one/2022/07/wuerde-ich-mir-das-riese-und-mueller-load-60-75-noch-mal-kaufen/

Last edited:
That's a great looking bike. What are those pedals?
Those are RockBros. They sell for $29 and look and feel like $130 pedals at bike shops. I used black nail polish textured while drying with a piece of foam to cover the logos. They are super grippy, light, with precision bearings and chromo shafts.
1714259367042.png

Sheesh you got
Me I zoom in on the picture.
No freaking beef or even a sign of cows for milk.
They move the cattle a few times a week. They don't just wander but are kept in small areas to intensely graze. That is how herds work when there are predators, and it builds the quality of the soil. https://www.groundedgrasslands.com/

Last edited:
Back