Yukon 750 Limited Feedback Wanted

Paul Dubs

Hello Volt community. After weeks of searching I am leaning towards my first ebike purchase of a Volt Yukon 750 Limited! I had a couple questions from anyone with experience though. I'm 6'3 and 260 pounds. Can anyone testify to what the power is like on the Yukon 750 for me? A true 750w, or is it more like a 500w like some say about the Rad Rover?? Second, can the setting be changed to allow for more top speed and if so, whats your max speed on one? And third, what are the Amp settings on this from the factory and can that be changed? Later upgraded to bigger? Thanks for your time it is MUCH appreciated! :)

H
Hello Volt community. After weeks of searching I am leaning towards my first ebike purchase of a Volt Yukon 750 Limited! I had a couple questions from anyone with experience though. I'm 6'3 and 260 pounds. Can anyone testify to what the power is like on the Yukon 750 for me? A true 750w, or is it more like a 500w like some say about the Rad Rover?? Second, can the setting be changed to allow for more top speed and if so, whats your max speed on one? And third, what are the Amp settings on this from the factory and can that be changed? Later upgraded to bigger? Thanks for your time it is MUCH appreciated!

Hey Paul , well im about 220 . Raced motorcross most of my life. So im used to having some power there when I want it. I can honestly say. I was extremely surprised at how much torque the pedal assist has in its upper levels like 7-9. Its way more than you need for zipping around town. Or just enough if your super lazy like myself somedays. Sure its not a motorbike. But when you look at what is giving you that power its amazing. And as far as the rest of yr question go I dont have enough knowledge to help you out. I will say .The hydraulic brakes are a MUST.Especially for guys our size. The bike defanetly gets going fast enough that you need those brakes.Trust me! Oh and for top speed it can hit 36kmh on a full battery and on a empty stomach very easily. You throw in pedal assist level 9. Ive hit 42kmh on a flat surface. I pass cars going to work regularly. If you live in the city you will surely be faster than the cars getting to work. Thats if you are a decent rider aswell. I was skeptical like you Paul. But it still puts a smile on my face everytime I ride. And rarely do I NEED to use all the available power. Its a little overkill.Just a little:)
Hope this helps.

Top speed is around 22mph with assist, you can keep going with leg power alone. Controller is locked at 15 amps, you can change to 20 but you only get 15 max. Bike is Class 2 and is locked down. M2S has a class three similar to Voltbike if you think more speed is needed, use same motor but have the windings set for higher speed than torque. Someone on the FB page had motor open but did not get a picture to tell if true 750 or not but to be honest it feels plenty strong to me. I am close to your size.

I was surprised at the power my 2019 Yukon had when I first road it, after my Radrover I was expecting less. My Yukon has more power than my Radrover even after I upgraded the Radrover with Bolton's kit and running 30 amps. Both the RR and Yukon are low end bikes with budget components, the Yukon works as intended and you won't be dissapointed.

I was surprised at the power my 2019 Yukon had when I first road it, after my Radrover I was expecting less. My Yukon has more power than my Radrover even after I upgraded the Radrover with Bolton's kit and running 30 amps. Both the RR and Yukon are low end bikes with budget components, the Yukon works as intended and you won't be dissapointed.

That is good to hear! I believe I am going with the Yukon. Thanks Feliz.

@Paul Dubs

Hi Paul,
To make sure that the bike is going to meet your expectations ask George at Volt if there is someone in your area that has one, you can meet with them and see if you can take it for a short spin and talk about it over a cup of java.

Back when I was in the market for a bike Yukon was my #1choice, however there was a new player that at the time had better specs and I ended purchasing Teo Fat Bike instead.

Still thinking about Yukon, perhaps next year purchase?

Just a heads up, looks like the 2019 Yukon come with the Kenda Juggernaut 30 TPI now instead of 60 TPI Kenda Krusade Sport tires. The new one has the white reflective strip. Frame has the mounting holes welded to bike for front rack. Not sure what else has changed because the website lags behind what is actually being shipped. Could be other changes like the tires that my opinion is a downgrade.

I just received my Yukon 750 Limited about three weeks ago and am loving it. Despite the two flat tubes (not any fault of the bicycle) I have put 300 miles on it and all systems continue to work as advertised. It is very hilly here in Nevada and the 750 watt system has conquered even the steepest of the slopes with ease. I find the assist settings at 4 or 5 to be all that is needed. I am about your weight and 6' 1" in height. They have changed a few minor things such as the color scheme (now blue accent) and the front forks are RST Guides. The tires are the Krusades (60TPI) and everything else is the same as advertised on the web site. I would not recommend this bike for a small or weak person as it is a beast. But it is a wonderful climber and street cruiser. Based on my type of riding, the battery delivers an 80 mile range.

Back