Yamaha YPJ-MT Pro

Btw I have two Knog Pwr lights, which aren't bad, except for needing charging. I also got the proper DC to DC converters now to replace the overkill monstrosity I was using temporarily.

You are correct, the Yamaha ebikes don't display battery%, assistance mode, battery range on bike computers. Here are some of the data fields on my bike computer connected to my Civante
I see fields like avg power there registering 1. Were you able to get power to display on your garmin? I know shirubu was not albeit different garmin models.

By the way, the Yamaha does share power input via Bluetooth in addition to cadence and speed. I was able to get the power to display on my Hammerhead Karoo 2. The assistance level and battery range are not shared by Bluetooth to begin with, so those won't show on any device. (There are two Bluetooth profiles to choose from on the bike, and one of them shares the power, but that is the one the Garmin doesn't recognize).

Your garmin yes I understood but I was asking about Oski1997s. There are two models newer than yours not sure if it makes any difference. I am hearing in another forum a person with Garmin watch one model newer than mine is pairing to these bikes and getting power out of CPP. The success with the watch makes me wonder if the newer Garmin cycle computer can do it. I guess the main reason I am interested in Garmin as I keep all my workout stuff filerting through there, it is possible to import via a file download from the Karoo website I know but in my experience it never treats imported data right nor would it likely align with heart rate etc.

Your garmin yes I understood but I was asking about Oski1997s. There are two models newer than yours not sure if it makes any difference. I am hearing in another forum a person with Garmin watch one model newer than mine is pairing to these bikes and getting power out of CPP. The success with the watch makes me wonder if the newer Garmin cycle computer can do it. I guess the main reason I am interested in Garmin as I keep all my workout stuff filerting through there, it is possible to import via a file download from the Karoo website I know but in my experience it never treats imported data right nor would it likely align with heart rate etc.
Hmm seems no answer from oski yet, but now you have made me curious to try my Garmin watch! Mine can connect to the Varia radar, which is already interesting.

I went ahead and upgraded the pedals:
(They use the same 15mm standard as my XM-1, so I was able to just swap them).
As an aide, the XM-D2 uses a totally different standard, I have no idea how to remove those pedals.

The OP spec sheet says it is 20mph, class 1. It is 250W nominal and tops out at 500. 53lbs with a 500wh battery.

Back