Yamaha unveils new full-suspension electric mountain bike

170 crank RPM assist only in the highest setting. When do roadies even pull 170 RPM?
I spinout on a road bike at 120-130rpm.... on a downhill.... on asphalt.
I'm guessing this bike is about $6,000 USD.
You can get a new Royal Enfield 650 interceptor for that.

Pretty sure they will come in under $5k. Your right though, $6k will buy you a sub 50hp twin with an iconic marque on the tank. :)

The Moro ($4499) and Moro Pro ($5499) are on their site now.

Thanks for sharing... a very cool integrated battery/shock/frame design.

Yamaha is getting serious about its expanded EMTB lineup... ;)

The biggest difference I see is the fork and the drive train. Both forks are comparable - Rockshock Revelation RC vs Rockshox Yari. The drivetrain from SLX vs XT is probably the bigger upgrade due to the multi downshift ability XT offers, but not worth the $1000 price difference. The regular Moro looks to be the better value overall.

A bit on the higher pricing side, but hopefully dealers have some wiggle room. I'd rather go with the regular Moro and pay $250 for a new paintjob if I really cared vs the 1k price differential. Tires are nicer on the Pro, but that's a personal preference.

For nostalgia, it is Desert Yellow for me @ $4,499. And I do agree that the regular Moro is a better value. Since I am always between a M & L, I will have to check the geo etc.

Historically, OEM drive suppliers have always supported brands to develop. Their success is dependent on the success of bike brands.
Now, Yamaha itself is getting into business, they will be competing with their own customers. So, it will create an interesting dynamic and some brands might perceive it as predatory.
Customer will benefit because of the prices but long-term, brands will be wary of putting trust in a company if they will compete against their products. It is one reason Amazon has faced such negative criticism. Once a vendor starts selling on Amazon, then Amazon will copy and try to undercut the supplier whether it is toothbrush or electronics etc under the "Amazon Basics" brand. A similar strategy has been adopted by Costco with their Kirkland brand.

Globally, Bosch and Yamaha are top tier OEMs for automotive parts and vehicles. It will be interesting to see how many brands will take on Yamaha after this announcement.

Last edited:
..., I cannot find any presence of Yamaha Bikes in Europe...

There is a presence of YAMAHA (motor)bikes in Neuss, Germany 😅

Talking about motors for (S-)Pedelecs Yamaha's Europe support was from Japan but from July 2020 Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. in Schiphol-Rijk has taken over the B2B support.

So Yamaha is moving closer to PL. 😉

I've got a Trance for sale...
Easy, easy... Are you trading your SLX 12 drive-train for the SLX 11 in Yamaha? Want heavier Rock Shox shocks? 🙃 Yamaha could also do better with a larger battery. The Magura MT30 brakes: aren't those the budget ones? Nice frame, true, yet hier das Hund ist begraben in the details ;)

Back