XP Lite 2.0 Carbon Belt Vs XP Lite 2.0 Chain (Speed Differences)

sigmaspread

Region
USA
Does anyone else have both the JW Carbon Belt and Chain model Lite 2.0?

Both on PAS3 for example, the carbon belt lite 2.0 seems to go quite a bit faster than the chain model 2.0. Is this because of the slight difference in gear ratio?

Carbon Belt = 70T chainring x 22T rear cog = 3.1818 ratio

Chain = 52T chainring x 16T rear cog = 3.25 ratio

Does this really make that much of a difference?

Both have the following settings:
P11 : 0
P22 : 1
P06 : 21

When out with the wife, I seem to ride much faster without trying. Our XP Lite 1.0s were perfectly matched and I was looking to ride side by side again with the Lite 2.0s. Thinking I can change the rear freewheel and/or the chain ring of the chain version to better match the belt's speed and ratio. I know that trying to match the belt's ratio, there will be more ghost pedaling in PAS 4-5 and I am ok with that.

Thoughts:
17 rear freewheel and a 54T chain ring?
18 rear freewheel and a 56T chainring?

Thanks!

Very Interesting stuff. I can't speak to your situation but I remember years ago when I converted my racing Go Kart from a chain system to a carbon belt system...it was a completely different animal running the carbon belt...EVEN when both had the exact SAME number of teeth on both front and back sprockets. In other words...the # of teeth (or cogs) can be the same...but in reality they are still different (design of chain vs carbon belt)? The carbon belt sprockets (even with the identical number of "teeth or cogs")...was not equal to the chain equivalent on my Go Kart in terms of performance. I had fits trying to get the Kart to react the same with the carbon belt...but I never could. I eventually went back to the chain. Having said all that...my next XP Lite will surely have a carbon belt.

Last edited:
I love the lite and really don't like the weight of of the XP 2.0 / 3.0 but like the gears. I asked Lectric if I could custom order a bike and they said no and with the 3.0 they now weld the back rack on so you can't remove. Stupid move. They also said removing the fenders saves 5 lbs.

Anyway I put a lean back post on my XP lite and turned the handlebar post around and man what a difference. So much easier to pedal now. Even at start off and at PAS 0. I like to ride the bike with the ebike stuff off to get the feel of the gears. The lite gear ratio suxs and I might still change the gear ratio by either replacing the chain ring and or the free wheel in the back.

jpPZ0Vj.jpg

:)

I love the lite and really don't like the weight of of the XP 2.0 / 3.0 but like the gears. I asked Lectric if I could custom order a bike and they said no and with the 3.0 they now weld the back rack on so you can't remove. Stupid move. They also said removing the fenders saves 5 lbs.

Anyway I put a lean back post on my XP lite and turned the handlebar post around and man what a difference. So much easier to pedal now. Even at start off and at PAS 0. I like to ride the bike with the ebike stuff off to get the feel of the gears. The lite gear ratio suxs and I might still change the gear ratio by either replacing the chain ring and or the free wheel in the back.

jpPZ0Vj.jpg

:)
I'm thinking about going 56T chainring and 18T rear flywheel on the Chain Lite 2.0. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with my findings.

Back