XP 2.0 Battery compatible with XP 3.0?

ebikencleveland

So, some people are stating that the XP 2.0 battery is not compatible with the XP 3.0.
I'm assuming this was the first batch of e-bikes? Can anyone confirm if this happened to them, and
if it's been fixed.

Last edited:
The step through, lite and the premium batteries are not compatible with the XP 1.0 2.0 and 3.0. The XP 1.0 2.0 & 3.0 standard & long range are all interchangeable. The information is available on Lectric accessories/parts web site.

Did u watch video. Some were not compatible but hopefully fixed now. forward to 9-34
Sounds like only a few thousand were incompatible. So probably only people that ordered
the first couple of weeks received the not compatible ones.

Last edited:
Did u watch video. Some were not compatible but hopefully fixed now. forward to 9-34
Sounds like only a few thousand were incompatible. So probably only people that ordered
the first couple of weeks received the not compatible ones.
It's an unsubstantiated Facebook rumor. Please let's not perpetuate a rumor over a single mention on a YouTube video, the creator himself only reported that "he heard" about it being on Facebook. If a user has a battery alignment issue on a particular bike Lectric will replace the battery or the discharge port. They have sent me both for two different bikes without hesitation. If anyone has direct experience with this issue then they should definitely post it.

XP 3.0 on left XP 2.0 on right
Again, first batch, just asking if anyone received one of these besides me.
And they are both Lectric XP battery's, Not XP step-thru

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Looks like either battery would work in a 1.0 or 2.0. the 1.0 discharge port below is pretty wide open in the center. I have several like the 2.0 pic ebikencleveland posted and they work in the 1.0 XP. If the early 3.0 came with a different discharge port then I could see how the center might be too narrow top to bottom or even side to side to handle the standard batteries. If you have this problem on a 3.0 bike I would like a pic of the discharge port for documentation and will get clarification from Lectric then post . They definitely feel that the current XP 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 batteries should be interchangeable as that is how they list them for sale. My guess is they'll send a replacement discharge port like the one below for anyone having an issue. On the 1.0 the port is easy to change, just 4 screws and plug the new one in. Seems weird they would send a $300 battery to fix instead of a $5 connector.

Attachments

• 16692589876892134027133709789753.jpg
    16692589876892134027133709789753.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 198
Those don't look interchangeable to me.
No, they are not. They said they would send a plate, u will have to change every time u switch batteries between the XP 2.0 and the XP 3.0 battery's :-(
But they do not have plates or a compatible battery for the first batch of XP 3.0 yet

The downsides of ordering something from the first few production runs. I've experienced this with many different types of products. The first one or two production runs almost always tend to have some issues or bugs to work out.

Looks like either battery would work in a 1.0 or 2.0. the 1.0 discharge port below is pretty wide open in the center. I have several like the 2.0 pic ebikencleveland posted and they work in the 1.0 XP. If the early 3.0 came with a different discharge port then I could see how the center might be too narrow top to bottom or even side to side to handle the standard batteries. If you have this problem on a 3.0 bike I would like a pic of the discharge port for documentation and will get clarification from Lectric then post . They definitely feel that the current XP 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 batteries should be interchangeable as that is how they list them for sale. My guess is they'll send a replacement discharge port like the one below for anyone having an issue. On the 1.0 the port is easy to change, just 4 screws and plug the new one in. Seems weird they would send a $300 battery to fix instead of a $5 connector.
Yes, u are correct. They said they would send a new plate, when they start to make them. No ETA yet. Pain if have to switch plates
every time u change the 2.0 battery and the 3.0 battery on the side of road even if takes 3 min. Not home, cannot take picture.

Yep, lesson learned.
I almost felt bad because I bought my 2.0s just a couple of weeks before they released the 3.0s. Then I remembered this and didn't feel so bad....but one of the 2.0s has an issue anyway so maybe it's just the downsides of buying a "budget" brand although for the $1200 each I paid for the long-range models, I don't know whose "budget" they are talking about.

No need to use the "Hey, it's cheap, so what do you expect?" slam. Lectric is blowing away the competition by selling a well-designed ebike at an astonishing price when compared to the competition. And $1,200 for a complete feature-filled ebike that INCLUDES a decent 672WH battery is remarkable.

If there in an incompatibility issue, Lectric has the clout and the youthful enthusiasm to set things right. There is or should be nothing that makes a 14Ah battery pack physically any different than a 10Ah pack; it's just higher-capacity 18650 cells within. I find it difficult to imagine a world in which Lectric tells customers to use either the lower or the higher capacity packs but that you can't interchange them.

Am I missing something here?

No need to swap batteries by the side of the road. Just put the 2.0 battery on your 3.0 rack and use the adapter to connect to the dual battery discharge module.
Not cheap at $79 for the kit, but way more convenient....

It appears that the incompatibility issue MIGHT be on EARLY 3.0 bikes having a different discharge port that is not backwards compatible with the other XP standard & high capacity. Emphasis on might and early. I'm waiting to hear back from Lectric for clarification and maybe user ebikencleveland will post a pic of his 3.0 discharge port that I suspect has a smaller center open area. There is no known issue with the high and standard capacity batteries unless you have an early 3.0 version bicycle, but that still hasn't been completely verified.

No need to swap batteries by the side of the road. Just put the 2.0 battery on your 3.0 rack and use the adapter to connect to the dual battery discharge module.
Not cheap at $79 for the kit, but way more convenient....
Don't forget to order the balancer with the above adapter. It takes them both to run dual batteries.

Of course. $79.50 includes both needed items. Again, not especially cheap considering what you get...but it's all plug and play....no wires to cut...no soldering required. Just received two kits for our 2.0 st s. I installed the Long range batteries but I wanted a way to utilize the original batteries as well...without swapping batteries on the side of the road.

Back