X35+ firmware check in Glasgow area? Mahle GCU cable?

ShaunTheDiver

Region
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the latest firmware revision for the X35+, or where I can get it checked/updated in the Glasgow area?

Has anyone had any luck buying a Mahle GCU cable and doing their own firmware updates?

Hey everyone I'll join in the GCU search. I've found where to buy one but wondering is anyone has used it and if it's worth the bother?

I have a 2020 Bianchi eRoad with the ebikemotion X35 system, firmware looks old and there is a new one on the Mahle website (Q3.2 released Sep 2022) but does it do anything worth while?

I'm experiencing that my battery capacity isn't what it used to be, app reports max capacity of 200wh (only 80% of a new battery)

Hey everyone I'll join in the GCU search. I've found where to buy one but wondering is anyone has used it and if it's worth the bother?
I just recently bought a bike with X35+. I’m really happy with the bike, but I can’t believe why updating firmware has to be that complicated? My previous bike had a Shimano motor. Firmware could be downloaded using my smartphone and transferred to my bike from the Shimano app using Bluetooth. In this case, you either have to contact a dealer, book an appointment (which probably will cost us money), or buy a USB dongle that almost costs a fortune. Perhaps the bike isn’t so smart after all?

I just recently bought a bike with X35+. I’m really happy with the bike, but I can’t believe why updating firmware has to be that complicated? My previous bike had a Shimano motor. Firmware could be downloaded using my smartphone and transferred to my bike from the Shimano app using Bluetooth. In this case, you either have to contact a dealer, book an appointment (which probably will cost us money), or buy a USB dongle that almost costs a fortune. Perhaps the bike isn’t so smart after all?
I just bought an ex-display Merida eSilex with the X35+ system, which needed an upgrade, and I was a bit taken aback that I could not just do it myself via an app, like I can with my Giant. I was told that Mahle are intending to switch to that method soon. So maybe don't dash out and buy a GCU cable just yet.

I just bought an ex-display Merida eSilex with the X35+ system, which needed an upgrade, and I was a bit taken aback that I could not just do it myself via an app, like I can with my Giant. I was told that Mahle are intending to switch to that method soon. So maybe don't dash out and buy a GCU cable just yet.
I got a Merida eSpeeder. A really nice bike. But to return to the topic, it doesn’t seems clear if the X35 is part of Mahles plan to offer sw updates via the app. It’s mentioned in connection to the X20.

Back