WW Needs To Produce A $6k Bike

reed scott

To my mind anyway. I would have ponied up that much for an aluminum bike with a slight step down in components. I don't want a carbon frame and I don't need super components. But I dearly want the Ultra motor with Pushkar's controller. Kinda makes me sad because at my age and income level ( soon to be fixed ) I will never buy another expensive bike. I ordered a good one and hopefully I'll find a way to get Pushkar's set up next year but it sure would have been nice to get the whole deal at one stroke. Oh well, such is life.

What are you looking for ?

I settled on a Frey AM 1000 as it is configured pretty much right for me. I especially like the beefy rear suspension and the 27.5 x 2.8 tires. I can get out of the deal if you want to build me one. 😂 👍😱

I thought your kind of bike is a “non-carbon frame without super components but a Ultra motor with Pushkar's controller”?

I live on a large ranch with lots of rough dirt roads. I'm not a trail rider but I'm not a street rider either. ( bikes are dangerous here on our hilly curvy paved roads ) So a commuter type bike just would not do.

For 6k, with what specs exactly please?

if you wait 30 days you can pick one up from Boston. 😊

Reactions: Ayl
Oh MAN, you're teasing me. 🥰 This is the bike I ordered. Still at least a month away. It's an unbadged Frey AM 1000 from Bolton Ebikes. The link will lay out the specs for you. I might want to upgrade the brakes If I had my druthers but other than that the bike seems just right. I'm sure the way I ride even the brakes are ok.

THATS THE WRONG PICTURE. CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE ACTUAL BIKE.

Last edited:
30 days for the prototype (or a little sooner depending on shipping times. )

Very Limited qty available to ship in late October (some components and motors are delayed).

The Bolton bike is reasonable in a couple regards. First if you want a bike sooner rather than later. Also, you might get better support than Frey if you are in the vicinity of Bolton. Otherwise it's not worth the premium IMO. Just buy from Frey. Also, the AM 1000 is a fairly ugly bike with the external battery. YMMV. At least Bolton chose a decent color to mute things. I'd rater have an integrated battery with the option to carry a spare on the frame like the Frey EX decked out with dual battery for the came cost as the Bolton. But you will have to wait...

Back