Wow...Don't put away your regular bike.

My experience has been similar to yours. For me, ebike has made it possible to ride 200 miles every week. I wouldn't have done that on a non-electric bike. So even if I'm using less effort while riding, overall, I'm exercising a lot more. I've lost a decent amount of weight since I started riding my ebike regularly. That is the only exercise I do. I'd however, like to find a way to accurately measure my daily calorie spend. I know that what I see on Strava is not accurate.

If you could keep up a conversation while riding (not breathless), then you are burning about 400 calories/hour. If you are working harder than that...probably 600 cal/hour.

Your heart rate/breathing tells you alot.

My experience has been similar to yours. For me, ebike has made it possible to ride 200 miles every week. I wouldn't have done that on a non-electric bike. So even if I'm using less effort while riding, overall, I'm exercising a lot more. I've lost a decent amount of weight since I started riding my ebike regularly. That is the only exercise I do. I'd however, like to find a way to accurately measure my daily calorie spend. I know that what I see on Strava is not accurate.

I think you'd actually need a power meter to get a good calorie estimate (like the guy in the article linked above). A heart-rate monitor might help as well.

Back