Would you want cost $799 for A2 folding ebike?

Laura Oliver

Region
USA
A2 folding ebike, which is a good ebike, now sale price is $799 after discount,

do you think it’s worth it?

Attachments

• a2 folding ebike.jpg
    a2 folding ebike.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 116
What voltage and amp-hour capacity is the battery? What's the motor's rated nominal power? What's the current rating of the controller? How much does the bike weigh? And most important of all, what does it feel like to ride doing the kind of riding you're going to be doing?
Usually with bicycles you get what you pay for. There's only one way to fix a cheap bike.

What voltage and amp-hour capacity is the battery? What's the motor's rated nominal power? What's the current rating of the controller? How much does the bike weigh? And most important of all, what does it feel like to ride doing the kind of riding you're going to be doing?
Usually with bicycles you get what you pay for. There's only one way to fix a cheap bike.
750w motor (1000W peak with 65Nm of torque)
48v 10.4ah battery,(later will have 14ah battery sold separately)
Shimano 7-Speed
Tektro 180mm disc brake
ebike weighs a total of 65.7lbs

Will parts be readily available 5 years from now? How many bikes are out there?

That's one thing I like about the inexpensive Lectric 2.0 bikes we bought (~$1K) a couple of years ago. There's 200,000+ of them by now, and an enthusiastic young support team that speak fluent English in Phoenix. Some have said that many of these brands come from the same factory in China! Maybe so; will your bike take a Lectric battery and other electrical components? The bike in the photo looks near-identical to our Lectrics.

Just don't even have a problem or question about a Juiced. You'll NEVER get a response via email or a person on the phone.

Of all the ebikes I've owned Juiced had nonexistent customer support. I ended up trashing the Rip Racer I had (thread is on here somewhere). Just gave up trying to deal with Juiced. I feel any DTC ebike can be a nightmare to deal with should something go wrong. No local shops in my area will touch a ebike they didn't sell, not even something simple like brake work or adjusting gears. I do all my own work on my ebike so that's not a concern for me. But I do agree with fabbrisd that a Juiced is a better option than a weird Amazon type brand.

When someone ask me what to recommend for a cheap ebike my go-to brand was Rad Power. After all the drama Rad has been going thru while trying to give the investors a big fat bonus I no longer suggest them.

I now have a Lectric XP 3.0 and its been a great ebike for the price. No the most refined budget ebike but I trust it with my wife and I riding 2-up on it.

I no longer commute on my ebike so I just find the best value for my needs. If I still commuted by ebike I'd get a Globe Haul in a second.

If you are still 'LOOKING" - franly for your 1st eBike the Best Strategy is to buy the Best-Built eBike in your budget range.

My strong suggestion in this under $1000 range is the Juiced Bikes RipRacer Class III for sale price $999 - possibly Check Out Discount Code VIP100 "might" work for $100 discount = $899. Order now and new/new batch arrives at Juiced mid-Sept for end-Sept delivery to you.

CLICK HERE JUICED RIP RACER CLASS III ON SALE

1. Juiced is a very/very well rated eBIke Company and EVERY Juiced bike is top's in they way it is built.

2. No - not collapsible - BUT the RipRacer is build Rock-Solid

3. 52V Class III - wit RipRacer unlocked throttle power will take you to 28mph

4. Juiced battery 52V 15.
,6 AH is custom built for Juiced and uses 21700 Samsung or LG cells - and those are the Best Batteries for eBikes yet !

GREAT
Class3 is on sale but you cant use the additional VIP discount code at check out, it wont work but for $999 yes the RIP Racer Class 3 is a great deal, ill probably order one myself tbh.
A2 folding ebike, which is a good ebike, now sale price is $799 after discount,

do you think it’s worth it?
Yes i believe this bike is probably worth the asking price of$799 but i think it would be attractive with the 14ah battery even if they have to raise the price, i know most people wont be going on super long rides with a folding bike but 10ah is childs play for me, i would rather pay $899 and get the 14ah battery.

Last edited:
This AiPAS company is a straight Lectric clone! Not sure if that's good or bad but a few of their clones offer a few upgrades as well. Watch the A6-D unboxing video. Wonder if the programming is the same as Lectric?

Sub-$1000 and it comes with a suspension post and mags. As much as I agree with Taylor57 I say enjoy it and ride it like ya stole it! Keep us posted with a update after some miles.

San Francisco in da house.
Masonic Gardens or what is called now?
Ebike is not bad or not good.
In my opinion it is a disposable ebike.
Similar to Bic lighters.
That's me now, good enough. I'm not a delivery rider or commuting to work. For me a ebike is just a way to get out and explore my 'hood. Sub-$2000 and if it falls apart in the future the replacement will have more advanced and current trickle-down technology for another fair sub-$2000 price.

After I learned my ebike commute to work was just to dangerous on a day to day basis my priorities shifted. No need for a big money ebike when I don't rely on it to help me make a living.

Back