Would you help me buying a good foldable ebike? Possible under 1.200€ (1.500$)

Francesco

I have a gravel bike that I use to go around.

I'm tempted by a foldable one and I was focusing on a ebike since I'd like to have an alternative to the one I own.

I'm looking for a small one and I'd like not to spend more than 1.200 euro (around 1.500 dollars).

I've checked a few reviews and I think that Xiaomi Qicycle seems to be what I'm looking for: it is cheap (about 700/800 euro), it is foldable, it is an ebike. Maybe it could be not a premium choice but eventually a good starting point.

On the other side, I maybe should go for a more expansive but (logically) better alternative. But I wouldn't like to go up to 3000$.

Do you have something to suggest me? Do you think Xiaomi is a good choice?

Thanks for help.

The Voltbike Urban is a $1095 folding bike with a decent 350w motor that gets up to 20mph and has a front suspension fork. Avoid the Xiaomi, initial feedback suggests it comes from the Amazon seller without the correct US voltage charger, it's much slower, only has 3 gears, tiny wheels so the handling will be squirrelly, and you'll appreciate the extra power of the Voltbike going up hills.

Last edited:
One thing that was helpful for me was going to the folding bikes section on this site and sorting by price. If you see a couple bikes you like, you can set up a side-by-side comparison.

Can you say more specifically what features might be important to you?

Back