Work Stand for the STEP-THRU

ExFire

The several good ideas in the XP workstand thread will not work for the Step-Thru.
They utilize a pole inserted into the bottom of the seat tube.
This tube is open at the bottom on the XP, ...BUT NOT ON THE STEP-THRU!

Step-Thru delivery is scheduled to begin in August. When we have them to examine, hopefully
we can together come up with a convenient and workable version of a Step-Thru work stand.

In my case, I happen to have one of the heavy patio-umbrella stand bases, so I am hoping that some
acceptable way can be found to secure the Step-Thru to a pole inserted in that base.

If you are a soon-to-be Step-Thru owner, please give some thought to how a good stand would best be configured, and share your thoughts with the rest of us.

Thanks for any suggestions!

After seeing so many threads about work stands in the recent past, I thought I'd keep an eye on craigslist to see what's available. In the past month I saw 2 Feedback Sports stands, one for $120 the other for $135. They run $250 to 265 in store. If I didn't have a Park I'd have bought one. Maybe checkout your local CL.

Thanks Az. I wonder how the clamp at the top of the stand would fit the steep, rectangular(?) battery tube
on the Step-Thru?
In the Youtube video the person used the seat post tube as the clamp area. Here's the video to see how he used his. Looks like it would work.

In the Youtube video the person used the seat post tube as the clamp area. Here's the video to see how he used his. Looks like it would work.

I'm curious about his comment that the other clamp location had the whole bike off the ground. Apparently not possible with the clamp on the seat post.

Presumably the center of gravity makes it not a good idea to attempt to raise the whole bike by clamping lower on the seat post.
Maybe the front wheel could be raised by clamping similarly around the steering post? (not sure of the nomenclature :-( )

Looking through some of these options lead me to a stand on Amazon that is so cheap ($30 shipped) that I had no choice but to order it, but I also already have zero faith in it before it's even arrived. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Looking through some of these options lead me to a stand on Amazon that is so cheap ($30 shipped) that I had no choice but to order it, but I also already have zero faith in it before it's even arrived. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

So you're kind of a pess-optimist? :)

Last edited:
Hehe... I ordered the same one. Just waiting for it to arrive.

Supposedly should arrive between Sept 1st and Sept 17th.

Will let everyone know how it turns out, as I am sure you will as well.

This is what I’m planning on using (or attempting to use) on my wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep with my BikeHand stand given to me for Christmas.
2E996B34-5244-44FD-8DB8-F2012165B933.jpeg

My Verve +3 works well in a Park PCS-10.2. I remove the seatpost entirely to lose the weight of it and the seat bag, and clamp below the struts to the back hub, on the tube that the seatpost goes into. Seems to pivot quite steadily and feels solid. Also works on the seatpost itself, but this is more convenient.

Last edited:
I went cheap. I live in an apartment with a garage and I hang my ST 2.0 from the garage door track. Two pieces of rope are thrown over the tracks and the bike is secured by tying trucker hitches in the rope to hold the bike once it is hoisted into place. Not as stable as a work stand but I don't have to pick up the bike and put it in a work stand. I volunteer at a bike coop where we repair donated bikes to sell and have used the Park work stand. It is a great stand but I could never lift my heavy ST up to the clamp.

...and have used the Park work stand. It is a great stand but I could never lift my heavy ST up to the clamp.

Put the rear wheel on something (i.e. box) to get the seatpost perpendicular to the floor. It makes getting the bike on the stand much easier.

Back