Woohoo.. we are live with the exclusive new controller for bafang ultra.. and more goodies!

pushkar

OK.. this makes me giddy but I am super happy about this. Today we are launching 5 new things! All shipping in May 2020 (assuming no big disruptions)

Youtube link of the announcement -
  1. Archon X1 controller for the Bafang ultra. Go all the way up to 3000W. Watt Wagons is the exclusive distributor of this in the US and Canada.
    1. Instant feedback
    2. Smooth ramp-up
    3. Super efficient (15-25% depending on riding scenario)
    4. The 1000W option outperforms the traditional high wattage variants (read more on the blog post)
    5. Up to 3000W with a special battery pack, and a custom spider to take around 250Nm of torque.
  2. Reduced price on the bikes through end of April. Archon X1 controller is standard on the bikes.
    1. Throttle works with ALL wattage configurations.
    2. Throttle torque reduced to 90Nm so it doesn't damage the Rohloff
  3. New bike launch - the Travalanche. Offroad MONSTER. This is the Exess bike Hp180 + Dorado pro front fork + X1 controller + 3000W option + Custom high amp rated battery.
  4. New Battery Pack - the Titan. 1100Wh. Will be available in both 40A and 50A variants. I am still working on the site, but the product is live.
  5. Dual battery converter - Reuse your old battery packs and double your range!

Here are a couple of comparison charts of the controller versus stock controller.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.17.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.17.51 PM.png

This has taken a while and I am incredibly glad to tell you about this. Super excited to continue being on the leading edge of ebike innovation.

No dropper standard on the Travalanche? That wouldn't seem very Watt Wagon esque!

I don't see it on the site but I'm assuming it will be possible to just buy the new controller for my Frey en route. Cost?

No dropper standard on the Travalanche?
These are stock pics from Exess. I will include the Vyron on it. Sorry .. missed that.

I don't see it on the site but I'm assuming it will be possible to just buy the new controller for my Frey en route. Cost?
I am not there yet - it will be an expensive option tbh. This is an FOC style, each motor actually has to be tuned individually. So its not end user replaceable :( BDLC ou can drop in and have no problems. I am setting up the tuning / replacement workshop in a couple of weeks, and as the controllers arrive, it take a bit to get those done.

That's 2-3 times what the EU middrives are making, that's wild.
Easily.

I am actually working to publish ideal riding gear for the rohloff... the idea is to lean forward while starting at a low gear. Ideal gear to start from a dead stop on our config is 3-4.

Are you planning to sell the motor then? I would love to see an option where I could buy the magnesium version of the ultra with upgraded controller.

I dont know if it is a cost effective after market option. Further if someone wants to max out at 2300 nominal / 3000 peak, i want to provide the right battery pack as well. The motor by itself wont do anything without the right battery / BMS.

What do you think ? Happy to explore that but want to be cautious.

Reactions: Ayl
Wow fantastic news, going from nothing to top of the industry within a year is very impressive.

So is the controller the same controller as the upgraded Exess version or different ?
Also on the limited throttle at 90nm, I take it that if it has a throttle but you peddle you still have the ability pick up the full 160nm?

Wow fantastic news, going from nothing to top of the industry within a year is very impressive.
Man.. that means a LOT to me. I could not have done this without some great advice upfront (Thanks @Ravi Kempaiah ), the guinness world record run, some ultra demanding initial customers..... I want nothing but the best for my customers. If there is something that can be improved, I will do that!

So is the controller the same controller as the upgraded Exess version or different ?
Also on the limited throttle at 90nm, I take it that if it has a throttle but you peddle you still have the ability pick up the full 160nm?

Same provider, but we have added a bunch of exclusive features on it. This is a sneak peek - there is more behind the scenes of course.

Back