Will Boomerang V2 Cyclo Trac ever come back? It looked promising.

For that price I'll take all 18. And I won't even mind waiting.
2pac.JPG

I continue to wait my turn.

I don't mind waiting my turn. I do mind being skipped over which is what they admittedly are doing. I've already had email correspondence concerning this matter and this was the response:

"We have customers who ordered two years ago in our Indiegogo campaign and others nine months ago and other like you several months ago.
Its not as easy to ship the oldest order first. We are doing a hybrid of old and new orders."

And of course the same mechanical canned closing statement:

"I hope you can wait. If not, we understand and will process a cancellation and refund you your money."

What I find so difficult to understand is "Its not as easy to ship the oldest order first."
I can't imagine how the Indiegogo investors would feel about this method after waiting over two years. Coming from a logistics background this statement baffles me. It's how business has operated since the wheel was invented.

As a side note, in the same email I also inquired as to where I might find the new App mentioned in the most recent update to which I got no response whatsoever.

Just providing a data point. My v2 Boomerang that I ordered in late September is supposed to arrive at the house this Monday (per USPS tracking website) ! I feel bad for those who waited months but I am very excited to be able to check this out next week! I will report back.
V2 Unit arrived as expected on Monday. I had a few issues with getting the unit activated and up and running but Kevin and team were very helpful. For the most part, I am happy with the device and am looking forward to the app update which Kevin says is due out next week which should address the bugs experienced.

V2 Unit arrived as expected on Monday. I had a few issues with getting the unit activated and up and running but Kevin and team were very helpful. For the most part, I am happy with the device and am looking forward to the app update which Kevin says is due out next week which should address the bugs experienced.
Let me be the first to congratulate you. Please keep us informed as to what we can expect.

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Please keep us informed as to what we can expect.
I received my two V2 Friday 10/9/2020. I have had two V1 for over a year. And have continued to pay $3.90/mo since June 2019 even though the cell services has been off since March 2020. I did this because CEO Kevin has always given me straight honest answers. What other company do you call and get the CEO with no bullshit. Yea. The V2 was later then he predicted. Yea I gave him the cost of two cups of coffee per month for 8 months. On my dry run of the two V2s they are working. I’m looking forward to the new app.

Just heard back from Boomerang, they are running into some issues with the new app, new ETA is in 7 to 10 days :(. The big problem I am experiencing is that I can not turn off the alarm without first triggering the loud siren. They believe this issue will be resolved with the new app. I've never had the v1 so I have nothing to compare it to.

As far as GPS tracking, I am very happy with it. It automatically maps my rides and drives when I am carrying my bike and is very accurate. The siren is not as loud or as vibration sensitive as this wireless 113dB alarm which I also use:1 to secure my ebike https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BNS9JT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (along with a couple of other locks)

I'm also very happy with the battery life.. Can't wait for the app to be released.

Just heard back from Boomerang, they are running into some issues with the new app, new ETA is in 7 to 10 days :(. The big problem I am experiencing is that I can not turn off the alarm without first triggering the loud siren. They believe this issue will be resolved with the new app. I've never had the v1 so I have nothing to compare it to.

As far as GPS tracking, I am very happy with it. It automatically maps my rides and drives when I am carrying my bike and is very accurate. The siren is not as loud or as vibration sensitive as this wireless 113dB alarm which I also use:1 to secure my ebike https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BNS9JT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (along with a couple of other locks)

I'm also very happy with the battery life.. Can't wait for the app to be released.
Crickets when asked about new ETA of phone app...

Got an update: the app is almost ready to go. The apple app store has to review it which will take a couple days, and we are confident that it should be available on Monday 11/02 or Tuesday 11/03. We are recommending customers hold off on using the V2 until the new app comes out, to avoid any further hassle.

Got an update: the app is almost ready to go. The apple app store has to review it which will take a couple days, and we are confident that it should be available on Monday 11/02 or Tuesday 11/03. We are recommending customers hold off on using the V2 until the new app comes out, to avoid any further hassle.
Did they mention whether the original app is being updated? Or will there be a new app to download? Just wondering.

I don’t suppose anybody knows how we will know when the app has been updated. If it is actually a new app it should be easy to find but if it is an update to the same app I don’t know how I could tell. It looks the same to me.

I don’t suppose anybody knows how we will know when the app has been updated. If it is actually a new app it should be easy to find but if it is an update to the same app I don’t know how I could tell. It looks the same to me.
Looks like it has hit the Apple store as an update:

2.0.0​

Nov 3, 2020
Support bluetooth device commands
New design
End or stop current trip

It is currently not on the Google Play store yet. I asked about this and they say it should be there by end of week. I have android so I can't play yet :(

Looks like it has hit the Apple store as an update:

2.0.0​

Nov 3, 2020
Support bluetooth device commands
New design
End or stop current trip

It is currently not on the Google Play store yet. I asked about this and they say it should be there by end of week. I have android so I can't play yet :(
It is there today on Android. I had a few minutes to play with it before work but could not set/disarm via Bluetooth. Anyone played with new app yet?

It is there today on Android. I had a few minutes to play with it before work but could not set/disarm via Bluetooth. Anyone played with new app yet?
I would suggest reading the owner manual instructions if I thought it would help......but it won't. It tells you nothing about how to actually use the device.
But I do know that the commands are transmitted via bluetooth from your phone, and the device will only accept commands while in the bluetooth mode. I have no idea how to put the device in the bluetooth mode. But I do know that it is in the bluetooth mode when the first light is blinking blue. Logic dictates that If you were to act like a thief and trigger the motion sensor the bluetooth should also be activated so that it would allow the legitimate owner to turn the alarm off with the app when they arrive at the scene. Good luck and post your progress.
One would think that someone would have posted an instructional video on youtube, but on the other hand maybe no one has actually gotten it to work.

I heard back from them, they say others are experiencing this issue and they are working on it. Also got this email

We are continuing to ship the Indiegogo orders and our pre-orders. We will have all orders shipped in the next four weeks.

We released the New App two weeks ago. We discovered we need to make two critical changes and some cosmetic formatting changes These changes will help manage the alarm and improve the user experience. We are hoping to release the update App in ten days.

In addition to the App changes we plan on a firmware upgrade shortly.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and support it has been helpful.

Back