Wider 25.4 comfort handlebar

brombeer

Hi everybody,
I have a nevo3 with the 'cockpit' adjustable stem and comfort 640mm handlebar.
Did anyone found a longer alternative (around 700 mm) for the satori 25.4 mm handlebar?
Biggest probleem is to find a handlebar with a 10 cm wide clamp area..
Tx Jef

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for your question, but I have a question for you. How were you able to get the comfort handlebar with the Nevo3? I don't see that option on their website, but I wanted to order it with the comfort handlebar as well. If you ordered it from R&M with the comfort handlebar, were you also able to order it with a wider saddle?

Hi Joseph,
My dealer gave this option, but I must say I made it clear while ordering the bike. It has everithing to do with my wish to sit as upright as possible.
The Standard saddle is narrow, the dealer let me try a wider Selle Royal but not much improvement. I'm cuently waiting for an sqlab 621.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if you would like more speqs for the comfort steer.
Regards,
Jef

Thanks for letting me know it's possible to order the comfort handlebars while ordering the bike. That's good to hear.

I am with you about sitting upright - I'd prefer to look around and be a bit more comfortable. I wonder what saddle R&M uses in their comfort kit on bikes like the Homage. The specs only show a single saddle (the Selle Royal New Lookin Evo R&M), but there must be two options because the Comfort kit equipment option has a "wider saddle." I'll ask my dealer if I can order the Nevo3 with that wider saddle (and the comfort handlebar) and see how that feels.

I'm curious - why do you want a longer handlebar? Since I've never tried R&M's comfort handlebar, I'm curious what you think would be better with a longer version of it.

Hi Joseph
Ultimately I suppose it's something individual. For me and with my use of this bike I would prefer something like a 740 mm wide handlebar. With the words of Adriene: find what feels good.
My dealer offered to make my handlebar wider with extensions(in practice 640 mm is from end to end, actualy it's more like 600mm), but I was't sure about the strenght.
As piece of advice: first ask your dealer to try the actualy setup you intend to buy.
You might consider not to take the 'cockpit' adjustable stem and make an arrangement to change the Standard fixed stem with an Aftermarket adjustable one. This allows you to use a 32mm diameter handlebar (and a lot more choice)
Attached a photo
IMG_20210813_201220.jpg

Back