Why Stromer doesn't build electric scooters?

bluecat

In relation to a ST2, electric scooters are primitive. No derailleur in the front, no derailleur in the rear. No gear shifting levers. No cassettes, no freewheels. No cogwheels, no chains. No torque sensors - and no demanding programming. But a comfy chair and a throttle.

The ST2 could - with your support - run much above 45km/h. And even without your pedaling, he would reach 45km/h. As you can see, myStromer AG could easily come up with an electric scooter. But they won't. I believe, it's because the first Stromer was born on Thömus Veloshop - and they build bikes like this one:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

There are many reasons for the use of electric bicycles - all of them are already mentioned here. But on the occasion of the official launch of the ST2, the Chairman Of The Board presented a slide with another important reason:

warum_velofahren_zps0d073f16.jpg

That's maybe why the ST2 comes with pedal, chain and gears - but without a throttle.

Who would have guessed the translation for surfing the gray area of the laws, using bike paths and trails on a motor scooter that looks like a bicycle is "41% UBERGEWICHTIG". Go figure

I don't know, that scooter in top paragraph sounds perfect, besides the derailur needs to go in primitive colum. Coming off my unicycle as a kid, my 10 speed was great- besides the derailur, a 3peed internal would be cherry on top!

... surfing the gray area of the laws, using bike paths and trails on a motor scooter that looks like a bicycle...

There is no grey zone. The ST2 is in the 45 km/h class - a typical vehicle for paved roads.

And by the way, all scooters running without your force - but some have additional force...

800px-Vespa_militare2.JPG

Back