Why no discussions about clipless pedals on ebikes

I noticed FUNN has a model that has clip-ins on one side and flats on the other, with spikes, called FUNN Mambas.
I was just on Amazon and realized for the first time the Mambas do not have the front-to-back spring-loading that makes the cleats on the Rippers sit proud so they are easy to instantly clip in. The Mambas are just plain-vanilla 1-sided cleats/flats.

For the longest time the Rippers were out of stock, and I kind of wanted to get another set. Not being able to do that I looked at the Mambas but bailed for the reason I noted in the previous post. I never realized until now they lacked the spring-loading. Also there is now a 2-sided Mamba with a cleat on both sides.

Worth mentioning also are the next-best things to the arch-supporting Catalyst pedals that I have found. The Rock Bros nylon flat platform pedals are dirt cheap at $25. Amazon tells me I have bought 4 sets. Of those I broke one set on some rocks (snapped the spindle). Hard to complain about that considering their cost.

61zUIKlhG4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i would not give up the speedplays on my road e-bike!

B49C1D13-FEFD-40CB-B2E0-1864A02A69A3.jpeg

for my commuter i use the moto urban flat pedals linked by @dkershaw92 last page, and for heavy gravel or singletrack i switch the speedplays to crank brothers stamps and freeriders.

Back