Why no action here?

gkgeiger

With 2 bikes on order I come here every day looking for some new info. This place is dead. I'm wondering how many 700's are out there? Kevin, how many have you sold? Of course, sometimes no news is good news. Everyone happy?

I hear you in general. I think people spend more time researching and posting in anticipation, but once they get their bikes, poof! Noticed the same thing with the Frey CC.

I bought one (700ST) for my wife a couple months ago, so she could ride it to work, about 9 miles round trip. She likes it, but we're working through an issue with the brake/motor cutoff sensor (Ride1Up support has been great). I also bought a used 2017 RadCity for myself. The Ride1Up is so much better; better looking, better parts, better brakes. I've seen lots of posts about the spokes breaking or being loose on the Rad bikes, so I bought a tension meter and checked the Ride1Up and the spoke tensions were all uniform and in spec. If you have any questions, ask!

-Phil

My guess is a couple of things:

1) Low volume thus far;
2) Not a lot of complaints. Most people take to forums (at least initially) with problems, complaints, or questions. Any questions that I had were quickly answered by Kevin et al, so I haven't had to take to the forum too often. Want more action? Go to the Juiced forum; 35 pages of "known" problems and complaints (not a slam on Juiced, just an observation). The increased volume of problems I am sure is somewhat proportional to larger volume of bikes sold.......somewhat.

Hey there @gkgeiger - Congrats on the bike. I got one of the first 700's and it's been great! So good in fact, I originally bought it for my dad but kept it myself. I'm already planning on getting the 800. Damn you, Ride1up! :) If there are any questions you have about your bike, let me know. I would definitely get a chain slap guard for the bikes if they don't have one on there when you get yours.

I bought one (700ST) for my wife a couple months ago, so she could ride it to work, about 9 miles round trip. She likes it, but we're working through an issue with the brake/motor cutoff sensor (Ride1Up support has been great). I also bought a used 2017 RadCity for myself. The Ride1Up is so much better; better looking, better parts, better brakes. I've seen lots of posts about the spokes breaking or being loose on the Rad bikes, so I bought a tension meter and checked the Ride1Up and the spoke tensions were all uniform and in spec. If you have any questions, ask!

-Phil
Hello there, I'm so glad you posted since I just received my two 700 series bikes and one of them has the same "Error 25 fault in brake sensor" on startup so the motor doesn't turn on. Everything else works just fine like lights. I disconnected both brakes and I still have the error. Did customer service help you to fix it and if so, how did you fix it?

Did you see the video on Ride1Up's website about the Error 25 code? The problem on mine was the magnet sensor needed to be adjusted, and then the magnets came unglued and I just glued them back in place.

Yes, I saw the video and I tried the adjustment screw to the point where I took out both magnets to see where the issue was but the error still came up. BUT, good news where I just started the controller and now it all works. I have no idea why but I won't worry about it until I see it come back again. I'm amazed with the weight being pretty heavy for the bike, how smooth the bike is to ride even without any power assist. Great bike. Thanks for your quick reply and happy riding.

I'm glad the LMT'D does not have the brake cut off for the motor. To me it is just more parts that can eventually fail. You get the same effect if you just stop pedaling. My current E-bike does not have brake cut off and I have no problem stopping.

Did you see the video on Ride1Up's website about the Error 25 code? The problem on mine was the magnet sensor needed to be adjusted, and then the magnets came unglued and I just glued them back in place.
thanks!
great video-I think it is in the magnet location-if not, need new sensors.

Back