Who is transporting their bike in the back of a station wagon, bike laying on its side?

Whoa! Good to know. What do you think is a safe time to wait? Are we talking 15 minutes or an hour?

I have not had to transport an eBike by car yet, except the Motobecane for assembly, with the handlebars and wheel off, in the CRX, for assembly. That SUCKED! (And I dropped it-- not far, only very minor cosmetic damage, just frustrating.)

I know that my previous kit bike would fit in the 1991 CRX because it's a front hub drive and it fit when it was an acoustic bike. The car does double as a light truck. Passenger and driver's seats must be pushed forward, front wheel removed, bike must be loaded at one angle precisely so the handlebar grips drop into the space behind the seats. The problem is getting the fork at exactly the right angle, and maneuvering the frame at a very unergonomic angle. It was a great hack in some situations-- like when I was broke, had to take the CRX in for service, and wanted to ride home-- the guys at the shop helped me get the bike out and back in. I also would drive to the bottom of Mandeville Canyon when I lived in Los Angeles and ride from there, avoid the worst of the climb.

I am wondering if I will be able to do this with new custom made bike I'm having built. Since it's an aftermarket mid-drive motor, I don't like the idea of putting pressure on the crank. And it's an XL frame, the other frames were mediums (which were too small, really) so I don't think it will work.

My Bulls manual has instructions for proper way to transport , it is always upright position. Biktrix bike I'm not sure if it came with instructions I did not read every page. Whatever you do when transporting your bike laying on its side always lay it on non drive side. Most people probably knows that already.
I transported my Biktrix bike laying rightside when I was recovered 5 miles deep in the trail. The derailleur got tweak out of spec cause from bouncing in the cargo bed and needed tuning afterwards
Did you carry your Biktrix laying on the drive-side?! 🤣

Rome, sometimes I cannot really get how much ignorant you are...

Were you not the man who destroyed as many as two mid-drive motors by pedalling while braking? :D

Last edited:
Back