Which Turbo Como?

Let me think in the morning my time. The European and American offers of Bulls are not the same.

Okay, but I need that stepthrough. Anything come to mind?
I know @Stefan Mikes has had issues with Specialized service from his LBS. I have had the opposite experience with exceptional support from a shop we've dealt with for years. Based on my experience, I would suggest you take a look at the Specialized Como step through. The Como 5 has excellent hill climbing ability with a best in class 90Nm of torque. Others have reported good results with the Como 4.

BTW - I also seriously considered the Bulls ebikes when we were shopping to upgrade our original DIY ebikes. I really tried to setup test rides, but could not find a dealer with any models in stock that I was interested in.

@jaizon,
It all depends on what the local e-bike laws are where you live. If you are happy with the 20 mph speed restriction, would like to travel on bike paths and everywhere "normal" bikes can go, the Bulls Copperhead Evo HD Wave (Class 1) is a no-brainer for you because it is a very good e-bike and you love it looks. Strong points:
  • Bosch Gen4 Performance CX motor: it is in fact an MTB motor, so the Copperhead will be a good perfect climber
  • You'll never regret having the 625 Wh battery
  • 120mm-travel shock is far better than the 50 mm one provided with Vados; and, ahem, Como has no front shock at all
  • Magura 203 mm brakes (front/rear) are far superior to 180/160 budget brakes found on the Como
  • The 27.5x2.6" tyres will ride in any terrain including loose sand... (You have my promise on that: I'm riding same size tyres with my e-MTB). Downside: These are noisy on paved surfaces. I hope you can live with that.
Downsides:
  • No fenders (does it rain where you live?)
  • No rack (Need to commute?)
  • No lights (you'll have to use your own external lighting if you happen to ride in the dark)
  • No kickstand
  • Bosch Purion display cannot match the Specialized TCD-W. Forget any smartphone connectivity.
If the description fits your needs, go for that e-bike! If your needs are:
  • Class 3
  • Fenders, rack, lights, kickstand
then let us talk about it.

Last edited:
Very interesting. And this is a bit embarrassing, but I have been basing the focus of my interest on your opinions. 🤔 So now I need another recommendation if you don't mind. I live near a Bulls dealer, so that is good. However I need a step through with maximum power and the ability to go up one steep dirt/rocks path, but I have no intention of ever doing off road trails or mountain biking. With that in mind can you suggest something for me. Thanks.
I am still very much in the honeymoon phase with my Como, and they make a nice step through. But I believe that for me the local dealer was as important as the bike. I got quotes from three LBS, all about the same total cost, on treks, giants, and specialized bikes. But actually chose based on the dealer as much as the bikes.

@jaizon,
It all depends on what the local e-bike laws are where you live. If you are happy with the 20 mph speed restriction, would like to travel on bike paths and everywhere "normal" bikes can go, the Bulls Copperhead Evo HD Wave (Class 1) is a no-brainer for you because it is a very good e-bike and you love it looks. Strong points:
  • Bosch Gen4 Performance CX motor: it is in fact an MTB motor, so the Copperhead will be a good perfect climber
  • You'll never regret having the 625 Wh battery
  • 120mm-travel shock is far better than the 50 mm one provided with Vados; and, ahem, Como has no front shock at all
  • Magura 203 mm brakes (front/rear) are far superior to 180/160 budget brakes found on the Como
  • The 27.5x2.6" tyres will ride in any terrain including loose sand... (You have my promise on that: I'm riding same size tyres with my e-MTB). Downside: These are noisy on paved surfaces. I hope you can live with that.
Downsides:
  • No fenders (does it rain where you live?)
  • No rack (Need to commute?)
  • No lights (you'll have to use your own external lighting if you happen to ride in the dark)
  • No kickstand
  • Bosch Purion display cannot match the Specialized TCD-W. Forget any smartphone connectivity.
If the description fits your needs, go for that e-bike! If your needs are:
  • Class 3
  • Fenders, rack, lights, kickstand
then let us talk about it.

Thank you, so much, Stefan.

Long since retired and I don't ride in the rain, at night, or need the rack. This bike will be for exercise and pleasure riding, so 20mp w/pas should be more than enough. I now ride on Kenda Krusade 20x4, a knobby tire, so I am used to noise. Would prefer not to have it. Kickstand I can easily add.

Everything is a trade off.

The Como is available in S and L, but no medium? That is really unusual isn't it?
Apparently the step thru is only available in small and large right now. The step over is available in four(?) sizes IIRC. Don't know if that is temporary or not.

So the Copperhead Bull bike seems great. My I ask Stephen why you bought the Como, having already owning the Bulls bike? I do like to go on dirt bike paths, sometimes there are some rocks/sand...
Thanks

So the Copperhead Bull bike seems great. My I ask Stephen why you bought the Como, having already owning the Bulls bike? I do like to go on dirt bike paths, sometimes there are some rocks/sand...
Thanks
I own the Class 3 Vado 5.0 (commuter e-bike) , Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro (e-MTB), and Lovelec Diadem (a touring e-bike). I learned about Bulls Bikes only couple of days ago. If I were smarter, I would have owned one or two e-bikes, all from Bulls.

All considering, that would be the Bulls e-Stream 45 (Class 3 e-MTB) and one of Bulls Lacuba (touring e-bike) 😊

Back