Which one is throttle connection and pas pedal assist connection on controller?

Kenbad

Region
USA
Hi,
I posted this in the introduction section would feel it is better to post it here because there are more watchers.
61y43R6QnkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
anyway can anybody tell me which one is the throttle connection and which one is the pas pedal assist connection on this controller as it doesn't say it has different words for different things and there is none that say throttle or pedal assist I am including a picture of the diagram thank you in advance.

Last edited:
IMO, the connector marked "Speed Control Shifter" is the throttle. There are two connectors with 3 wires. Many throttles have 3 wire configurations and this one has "speed" in the description. The other 3 wire connector seems to be associated with brakes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "past connection".

An internet search with the bike make and controller model number might yield a better diagram. If possible, an email to the manufacturer might help as well.

Lesson here is, if you can't figure out those labels, PRIOR to buying it, you would do well to keep shopping. We don't know for sure this is even an e-bike controller. A scooter for instance, does not have a PAS system....

That said, agree the "speed control shifter" may be the throttle, and as there's only one other 3 wire lead, the one labeled 1:1 may be the PAS sensor. That's my WAG. No guarantees.....

IMO, the connector marked "Speed Control Shifter" is the throttle. There are two connectors with 3 wires. Many throttles have 3 wire configurations and this one has "speed" in the description. The other 3 wire connector seems to be associated with brakes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "past connection".

An internet search with the bike make and controller model number might yield a better diagram. If possible, an email to the manufacturer might help as well.
Thank you very much for replying the post should have said pas (pedal assist) connection and I now have it correct. Anyway it's a DIY so the only thing I could have done which I did was contact the controller manufacturer and ask them. The controller is a Brainpower, and they told me to refer to the picture on Amazon, where I purchased it. It doesn't show the name in the picture but there's a label on the one that I received. Anyway thanks for the help.

Lesson here is, if you can't figure out those labels, PRIOR to buying it, you would do well to keep shopping. We don't know for sure this is even an e-bike controller. A scooter for instance, does not have a PAS system....

That said, agree the "speed control shifter" may be the throttle, and as there's only one other 3 wire lead, the one labeled 1:1 may be the PAS sensor. That's my WAG. No guarantees.....

In the future, make life simpler and buy KT controllers and KT displays. Always have onlune diagrams wit proper names.They work better than Brainpower stuff. I would agree. Speed controller is throttle, and 1:1 is PAS.

Don't forget to power up the controller with the identification leads connected, watch the wheel turn briefly while it figures ouy the motor wires, and then disconnect the identification lead forever..

Hopefully, your throttle an PAS connectors are the right gender, but you may have to re-align wire colors.Generally, black is ground, and red is power, leaving the third wire, whatever its color, as the signal.

Thank you Mr. A Hicks, also for replying that said most of the diy kits are Chinese, and don't use the terms Pas or throttle I have 4 kits from Violamart, which do but on Amazon, most do not and many do not include instructions in the package anymore. This control is an e-bike controller it is called Brainpower, and it is sold on Amazon, here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081LFM97H?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title I have put together for e-bikes so far since 2019 and I pretty much know when I'm buying an e-bike controller I just thought it would come with instructions and it didn't and I didn't want to send it back so I thought that there would be some nice people on this forum to help me out however I see some look down on newbies so I guess I'm not going to post any more stupid questions.

Last edited:
In the future, make life simpler and buy KT controllers and KT displays. Always have onlune diagrams wit proper names.They work better than Brainpower stuff. I would agree. Speed controller is throttle, and 1:1 is PAS.

Don't forget to power up the controller with the identification leads connected, watch the wheel turn briefly while it figures ouy the motor wires, and then disconnect the identification lead forever..

Hopefully, your throttle an PAS connectors are the right gender, but you may have to re-align wire colors.Generally, black is ground, and red is power, leaving the third wire, whatever its color, as the signal.
Thank you very much Mr. Harry S. I will do just that and thank you for being so kind in your reply.

Thank you Mr. A Hicks, also for replying that said most of the diy kits are Chinese, and don't use the terms Pas or throttle I have 4 kits from Violamart, which do but on Amazon, most do not and many do not include instructions in the package anymore. This control is an e-bike controller it is called Brainpower, and it is sold on Amazon, here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081LFM97H?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title I have put together for e-bikes so far since 2019 and I pretty much know when I'm buying an e-bike controller I just thought it would come with instructions and it didn't and I didn't want to send it back so I thought that there would be some nice people on this forum to help me out however I see some look down on newbies so I guess I'm not going to post any more stupid questions.
Been doing this a while myself. That's my point exactly. I've never seen anything in the way of directions shipped with them to date. That's why I'm saying if you can't figure them out, BEFORE you buy them, keep shopping.

Further, I wouldn't buy a controller that wasn't clearly identified as a sine wave controller - to avoid the noisy square wave controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing this a while myself. That's my point exactly. I've never seen anything in the way of directions shipped with them to date. That's why I'm saying if you can't figure them out, BEFORE you buy them, keep shopping.

By way of "figuring them out", I meant deciphering the "chinglish" descriptions as necessary. No NOT assume anything....

Further, I wouldn't buy a controller that wasn't clearly identified as a sine wave controller - to avoid the noisy square wave controllers.
And my point is I don't need a lecture from anyone I need to be respected. I just needed answers I got them so now I'm happy as far as a sine wave is concerned it is I contacted brain power and they have stipulated to me that it is a sine wave this is the first thing I asked since I know there are two kinds and one is compatible with many ebikes but it's not as smooth as a sine wave. You need to stop giving lectures and just answer the questions if you don't know yourself don't answer and that's probably what happened here you didn't know the answers but you wanted to put me down because I didn't know the answer. Maybe if I had an opinion about something and not a question you might have been in the right to reply the way you did but I had a question so you didn't. That said I don't need the aggravation so I am unsubscribing from this forum and I hope you get yours one day.

I've converted more than four ebikes, and being adventuresome, I've tried a few different controllers. I bought an S866 display last Spring with a tiny 13A Brainpower box. The S866 has a nice screen layout, but the cheapest buttons that I've ever pressed. The controller itself refused to do the ID process. It was the only time I ever sent a purchase back on ebay,

One trick that I use when hooking up a controller where I am not sure of the throttle hookup is to invoke Walk Mode, which tests the motor wiring and shows the motor works. Then if I have two 3 pin connectors and don't remember which one is throttle, I hook a diode between the +5 volt and the signal pin, black band on the diode pointing to signal. If it is the throttle input, you get full speed on the motor. I've done this with a half a dozen different controllers. They must have all copied each other because it always works.

How does your PAS work on a Voilamart? WIth a bazillion watts, I would wonder if it is hard to control bike speed with pedal assist?

Back