Which is the best of the best of the best electric heated glove for winter riding?

I have this heated ewool vest which I really like on very cold days.

Attachments

• 3B650F0D-35B3-4F45-A6DE-93C6B138A8C3.jpeg
    3B650F0D-35B3-4F45-A6DE-93C6B138A8C3.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 175
Ditto to that.

@GuruUno - What type of riding do you do and how cold does it get in your neck of the woods?

I’ve relied on heated glove liners to keep my hands warm during the cold winters up here in Alberta, Cda and pair them with insulated lobster mitts. I like the fact that they fit close to my skin and my outer mitts provide that extra layer of warmth when the temp drops down to -30C. They’re definitely not cheap but my hands thank me for it every time when I venture out in the cold.

The new versions are also touch screen sensitive and have a battery level indicator incorporated into the power button. So much more preferable than removing your glove and exposing skin to freezing temperatures. I wouldn’t recommend inserting the battery into the glove pocket and recommend using the stickman cable and tucking the batteries inside a jacket pocket. I happen to wear a Motionheat belt that has its own battery pockets and handy plugs built in for the glove and boot liner connections. The company is based in Calgary, Alberta.

View attachment 109190View attachment 109191
I also use the stickman put the batteries in the back pockets of my bike jersey.

I don't think it's a good idea, I've done it.
Ski gloves are very bulky, it was impossible for me to use shifter precisely and even grabbing brake lever was difficult.
It was actually hard for me to switch my hands from handlebars to brake lever.
Try these:

Outdoor Gloves, Thermal Gloves, Men's, 3M Thinsulate, Brushed Lining, Under 0.5°F (15°C) Cold Protection, Touch Panel, Anti-Slip, Leather, Thick, Warm, Waterproof Film, Windproof, Waterproof, Bicycle, Cycling Gloves, Mountain Climbing, Commuting, School, Unisex, Winter (Black, L) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08LCW23VD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WA3NY7BTDJ0CAV2GJXWY

Great for winter flying at 12,000 ft with -10°C outside air temperature. Cabin heat completely sucks in an old Cessna too. If I can manipulate a miniature toggle switch on an instrument panel then brake levers and such shouldn’t be a problem at all on the ground.

Thanks for all of the references, I'm digesting them all and will decide shortly. I ride basically 15-25 miles a day when I can every day possible...weather permitting. TOO cold, no go, TOO windy, absolutely not, TOO lazy, for sure no way. But when I do go (like today) it was 42 degrees F and 53 upon my return, 3 layers and full of sweat coming back.
When using the heated options (jackets, socks, etc...besides the gloves), less layers, right?

Thanks for all of the references, I'm digesting them all and will decide shortly. I ride basically 15-25 miles a day when I can every day possible...weather permitting. TOO cold, no go, TOO windy, absolutely not, TOO lazy, for sure no way. But when I do go (like today) it was 42 degrees F and 53 upon my return, 3 layers and full of sweat coming back.
When using the heated options (jackets, socks, etc...besides the gloves), less layers, right?
I only use heated gloves. I can turn them down or off as needed. above 44 I use a different glove as even off they can be too warm. I use layers with zippers so I can keep control of my temperature. its cheaper and easier then heated clothes. shoes that I can wear two pair of socks with when needed.

Bar muffs with 12v heated clothing kit.

i Have several high end gloves and mittens but nothing beats a light pair of gloves for dexterity in the muffs. Ad heat and use a 5V/2A Anker power pack, or easy peasy to make your own.
i suggested Anker after discovering they use brand name A grade 18650 cells. Heaters posted as a quick example. There are better rated kits.

heated grips in my muffs are what I used on my Vespa GTS.

Last edited:
Off topic but if you ride in winter get a Balaclava face mask.

Keeping my face warm with a Balaclava. I have had those knit ski masks before and they don't do much but a buddy of mine skis all the time and turned me on to these Balaclava ski masks and they are nice for adventuring in cold weather. It is stretchy and has 2 layers over your mouth and nose. Keeps the face and neck warm and can be worn under a helmet or hat and inside your coat. They come in lots of patterns on Amazon or plain. If you work outside in winter they really help and now I can ride my ebike in winter.
IMG_20211216_001331102.jpg

So I have a lot of ski gloves and ride a lot when temps are in the teen. I hate ski gloves.

My hands get wet soon. I have worn latex gloves in surgery for thousands and thousands of hours and never had wet hands in the gloves.
Surgery is kept cool and no exertion.

I have worn sailing gloves Farm chore gloves,
Biking. I buy cheap brown jersey gloves from farm supply, I wear 2 pair with a 50 cent Walmart hand warmer between the layers.
Keeps my hands dry.
I carry a small Eddie Bauer e-hand warmer in case which also has a power bank port.

i did a short (30mi) ride on the oregon coast earlier this week in weather that seemed reasonable - a bit above 0c. a bit of frost on the road, but patches of sun. rode through a long misty section and the combination of speed, the mist, the basic temperature, and my thin cycling gloves had my fingertips painfully cold, then throbbing, then half painful and half numb. not much choice but to soldier through it … but when i got back to my hotel, i LITERALLY could not unclip my helmet. tried for 15 minutes to generate enough force to open the clip, fingers and hands were just not able.

very scary! i took a hot shower with my helmet on, and was eventually able to remove it 😂😂😂

warmer gloves are on my christmas list, even if it makes my shifting clumsier, even though it does not get below around 10c here very often.

I have a pair of Held gore MC, and Lee Parks. A15 years old. Fingers get cold fast at class 3 speeds. I also wear mittens, with built in inner fingers. Warmest choice but all inferior to handle bar muffs and gloves.
But many clear days in the 20’s are doable but not on ice and snow.

Try these:

Outdoor Gloves, Thermal Gloves, Men's, 3M Thinsulate, Brushed Lining, Under 0.5°F (15°C) Cold Protection, Touch Panel, Anti-Slip, Leather, Thick, Warm, Waterproof Film, Windproof, Waterproof, Bicycle, Cycling Gloves, Mountain Climbing, Commuting, School, Unisex, Winter (Black, L) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08LCW23VD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WA3NY7BTDJ0CAV2GJXWY

Great for winter flying at 12,000 ft with -10°C outside air temperature. Cabin heat completely sucks in an old Cessna too. If I can manipulate a miniature toggle switch on an instrument panel then brake levers and such shouldn’t be a problem at all on the ground.

" Under 0.5°F (15°C) Cold Protection "​

doesn't sound right.​

" Under 0.5°F (15°C) Cold Protection "​

doesn't sound right.​

Hahahaha…. Amazon translation engine most likely…

アウトドアグローブ 防寒グローブ メンズ【3Mシンサレート・裏起毛・零下15℃防寒】タッチパネル対応・滑り止め・革・厚手・暖かい・防水フィルム付き・防風・防水・自転車・サイクルグローブ・登山・通勤・通学・男女兼用・冬用 (ブラック, L)

零下15℃防寒 - > 15° C below zero.​

Last edited:
Gloves that heat the back of the hand but not the fingers aren't nearly good enough for me in below freezing temp. I have tried full wind blocking as in rubber gloves over leather over cotton and shielding on the bars, but fingers still get way too cold to function well. Hot Hands heatpacks are not able to keep fingers warm either.
I might need heated grips.

How true. I have noticed I slowed my rides this Winter dramatically, and the cold is not so perceptible, even well below the freezing point.
Once the fingers get really cold I can't operate the gear and brake levers well and at that point I need to use only throttle on full to get home. Holding the throttle full open becomes a painful problem as well, even with windshields on the bars and layers of gloves and hotpacks.. and pretty soon I need to find a washroom... so I invented the throttle cruise control for such emergencies. I stick a cable tie into the throttle and it stays open. https://electricbikereview.com/foru...cruise-control-easy-peasy-in-2-seconds.41267/

Back