Which bikes/setups show human generated power?

Captain Slow

I think any bike with a torque sensor can show the power numbers the rider is putting in. I wonder which bikes via software actually allow you to access this information. I know the Creo does and I believe Alaskan posted some information about the Nyon he retrofitted to his Bosch motor and that shows power so in that case any Bosch powered bike with a Nyon shows power.

I'm looking to buy a road ebike in 2020 and there are a few I'm considering. I've never had a power meter before and I figure with the amount of money I'm going to be spending I might as well get power meter functionality as well. Do the bikes with the ebike motion X35 hub motor do this? What about the Giant Road-E? Synapse Neo?

Would appreciate hearing from owners what their experience is.

Just by chance I created a similar thread today! Haha!
Specialized Turbo e-bikes can do that. Specifically these with the TCD display. Older BLOKS display can only report kilocalories burnt and there is a way to back calculate the power, assuming 25% human efficiency.

I think any bike with a torque sensor can show the power numbers the rider is putting in. I wonder which bikes via software actually allow you to access this information. I know the Creo does and I believe Alaskan posted some information about the Nyon he retrofitted to his Bosch motor and that shows power so in that case any Bosch powered bike with a Nyon shows power.

I'm looking to buy a road ebike in 2020 and there are a few I'm considering. I've never had a power meter before and I figure with the amount of money I'm going to be spending I might as well get power meter functionality as well. Do the bikes with the ebike motion X35 hub motor do this? What about the Giant Road-E? Synapse Neo?

The Bosch Kiox, EBR did a review on it.

C

Captain Slow did you see the pair of 2020 Specialized Creos at Caps Port Moody? Sweet looking bikes but $8200 cdn

C

Captain Slow did you see the pair of 2020 Specialized Creos at Caps Port Moody? Sweet looking bikes but $8200 cdn
No, I didn't. It was Gordon Hobbis himself who told me aluminum Creos would be coming. I had been meaning to go by his store. I'll have to make my way there over the next few weeks.

I love that feature on my Bosch Nyon app. I ride almost exclusively in Eco mode (PAS 1) and the Nyon consistently shows me putting in ~60% of the power output and the motor ~40%.

Bosch's eBike Connect works with Nyon and Kiox, not with Intuvia or Purion. I don't know if the Kiox shows the same functions as the Nyon. If you have a ebike with a Bosch motor and Intuvia display, upgrading to the Nyon is a piece of cake, thanks to the information provided in another thread by Alaskan.

Back